Olo is a leading on-demand commerce platform powering the restaurant industry’s digital transformation and personalizing the guest experience to maximize customer lifetime value. Olo customers can build digital experiences with the largest and most flexible restaurant commerce ecosystem on the market.
The Machine Learning Scientist we are seeking will be able to build and scale machine learning models to solve the many business problems emerging from Olo’s digital platform and ecosystem. You will maintain Olo’s existing ML applications and work closely with product managers/engineers to develop new features & new algorithm products to transform the restaurant industry.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Work closely with the product team, understand product objectives, translate ambiguous business problems to ML or other advanced analytical solutions
- Maintain Olo’s existing ML applications and develop new features
- Stay up to date with new technologies in the field
- Own the entire process from data acquisition and feature engineering/selection to model building, training, testing & monitoring
- Work with and guide the engineering team to deploy the model
- Communicate solutions in a simple, actionable way with a non-technical audience
- Support communication with data visualizations
What We Expect From You
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Operations Research or any other quantitative discipline
- 2+ years of real-world predictive modeling experience
- Experience in setting up machine learning models, including data cleansing, feature extraction, model selection & ensemble methods, performance metrics & visualization
- Hand on experience with machine learning techniques such as deep neural nets (DNN, CNN, LSTM-RNN)
- Proficient understanding of the complexity of developing and productizing real-world AI/ML applications such as prediction, recommendation, sentiment analysis
- Deep knowledge of some of the popular ML frameworks such as TensorFlow, Pytorch Keras, SparkML, sci-kit-learn, XGBoost, H2O
- Strong programming skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced work environment
- Communication skills with the ability to convey the message in business terms, highlight the business impact and opportunity, and correctly call out the right call to action
Olo is a leading on-demand commerce platform powering the restaurant industry’s digital transformation. Millions of orders per day run on Olo’s enterprise SaaS engine, enabling brands to maximize the convergence of digital and brick-and-mortar operations. The Olo platform provides the infrastructure to capture demand and manage consumer orders from every channel. With integrations to over 100 technology partners, Olo customers can build digital experiences with the largest and most flexible restaurant commerce ecosystem on the market. Over 500 restaurant brands use Olo to grow digital sales, maximize profitability, and preserve direct consumer relationships. Learn more at olo.com.
Olo’s headquarters is located on the 82nd floor of One World Trade Center. In addition to our NYC cohort, over 75% of our team works remotely across the U.S. We offer great benefits, such as 20 days of Paid Time Off, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, a 401k match, company equity, a generous parental leave plan, and perks like team events. Check out our culture map: https://www.olo.com/images/culture.jpg.
We encourage you to apply!
We value diversity. At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team not only makes our products better, but our workplace better. Many groups are underrepresented across the tech sector and we are committed to doing our part to move the needle.
Olo is an equal opportunity employer and diversity is valued at our company. All applicants receive consideration for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you like what you read, hear, and/or know about Olo, and want to be a part of our team, please do not hesitate to apply! We are excited to hear from you!