Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance (learn more about how it works). We’re backed by A+ investors and our team is world-class, literally and figuratively, as we’re all scattered around the world.
Please check out our public handbook to learn more about our culture. We encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply. You can also check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor. If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
How we work
We love working async and this means you get to do your own schedule.
The Remote Engineering team uses a simple approach to productivity and task management and you can read more about it in The Remote Flow.
We empower ownership and proactivity and when in doubt default to action instead of waiting.
Our team is responsible for shaping our understanding of how Remote is performing as a business, as well as what our best opportunities are for continued growth. We’re looking for an experienced Accounts Payable manager to join our fast growing team and help us support our expansion efforts by owning all the accounts payable processes. This role will involve working hand in hand with business partners, financial partners, legal team and our operations teams. You will be responsible for accounts payable functions within a fast-paced, high growth environment. Primarily:
- Responsible for accurate recording and timely payment of global accounts payable invoices within a fast-paced, high growth environment.
- Responsible for ensuring adherence to statutory and regulatory requirements such as information reporting forms relating to processing accounts payable globally.
- Responsibility for ownership and maintenance of accurate, uniform, vendor master data.
- Support administration of corporate credit card programs, purchasing/T&E expense card programs and related reporting and auditing.
- Support the month end close as needed. This may include preparing monthly journal entries, account reconciliations or performing account analysis.
- Provide support for audits and other ad hoc requests.
- Strive for excellence in accounts payable accuracy and timeliness through creation, reporting and monitoring of invoicing metrics.
- Responsible for development of necessary action plans to improve accuracy and timeliness of accounts payable processing.
- Establish work processes and develop policies and procedures to scale to a high growth business model.
- Implement process improvements and efficiency solutions including automations to support scalable manual and automated accounts payable processes.
- Design, implement and maintain a strong internal control environment as it relates to billing and accounts receivable.
- Assist with design, development and implementation of necessary Sarbanes Oxley controls and testing.
- Analysis and reporting related to cash flows, payments and expense management.
The Ideal Candidate
- Has 3-4 years of accounts payable experience with knowledge related to payables best practices.
- Has knowledge and experience of accounting, tax and statutory/regulatory considerations related to payments, reimbursements and accounts payable.
- Is able to demonstrate experience in optimizing processes to promote scalability of processes.
- Is a champion of leveraging technology to streamline and automate all billing and back office functions.
- Demonstrated experience using core finance systems (SAP or similar is a bonus).
- Understanding of both financial and operational controls.
- Is proficient in the use of spreadsheets and other technology and familiar with the capabilities of other softwares and systems that can enable efficient processes.
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast paced, hyper growth environment.
- Has experience working with a start up or tech company.
- It’s not required to have experience working remotely, but is considered a plus.
Remote Compensation Philosophy
Remote’s Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair unbiased compensation and fair pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labour practices and therefore pay a minimum annual salary of USD 40,000 per year, in all locations throughout the world. Actual compensation may vary based upon geographical location, experience, and/or skill level. However, it will never be below our minimum global compensation mentioned.
You can learn more about the benefits we’re offering to all internal employees at Remote by visiting our public Benefits & Perks Handbook page.
- You’ll report to: Senior Director of Finance, Tax and Accounting
- Team: Finance
- Location: Anywhere in the World
- Start date: As soon as possible
- (async) Application Review
- Interview with Recruiter
- Interview with a team member
- Interview with Senior Director of Finance, Tax and Accounting
- Interview with the VP of Finance
- Background Check
- (async) Offer
How to apply
Please fill out the form below.