We are looking for a Manager of Billing & Collections to join its growing accounting team. We are looking for someone who possesses impeccable organizational skills, attention to detail, and excellent customer service abilities to oversee the entire billing process.
You will ensure accurate and timely submission of claims, prompt collections, aggressive denial management, and effective and timely communication of department/program issues or successes
This position reports to the Director of Accounting and works closely with the Revenue Manager.
Here is what you’ll do as part of the team:
- You’ll be essential to driving the efficiency and effectiveness of Weights and Biases’ Order to Cash operations. You will help operate and build a best-in-class, scalable collections, invoicing, and A/R function to support our rapid growth.
- Collaborate with Customer Success and Sales Executives to identify reasons for non-payment and resolve issues
- Promote and maintain effective relationships and communications within the department and with other departments
- Provide leadership support and technical oversight of billing and collection functions
- Collaborate with other administrative staff in strategic planning activities with the goal of ensuring ongoing effectiveness of the company’s billing and collection initiatives
- Monitor month end reconciliation for accuracy and addresses variances accordingly
- Work proactively with the sales team and customer support team to ensure accurate customer invoicing and resolve customer billing issues
- Identify opportunities for data and system integrations to automate billing processes and improve data integrity
- Identify, recommend and implement process changes and enhancements to improve billing efficiency and reduce billing errors
Here is what you’ll need to be successful:
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant billing and collection and/or revenue operations experience in a SaaS billing environment
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Business, Finance or Accounting
- Demonstrate knowledge and familiarity with basic accounting principles
- Demonstrate organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to move issues forward to resolution
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with the management team, sales and customer success teams, and customers.
- Experience in working for hyper growth SaaS companies and in helping to set up the best billing and collection processes and procedures to support the scale of the business in volume and complexity.
- 🏝️ Flexible time off
- 🩺 Medical, Dental, and Vision for employees and Family Coverage
- 🏠 Remote first culture with in-office flexibility in San Francisco
- 💵 Home office budget with a new high-powered laptop
- 🥇 Truly competitive salary and equity
- 🚼 12 weeks of Parental leave (U.S. specific)
- 📈 401(k) (U.S. specific)
- Supplemental benefits may be available depending on your location
- Explore benefits by country
We encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn’t perfectly align with the job description as we seek out diverse and creative perspectives. Team members who love to learn and collaborate in an inclusive environment will flourish with us. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org.