The Customer Success team helps our customers be successful using Weedmaps to grow their business. We are looking to add a Manager, Customer Success role to lead a team of Customer Success Representatives and Account Strategists. This team is responsible for advising clients on Weedmaps ad services while driving product adoption across our WM Business offering. This role will oversee the day-to-day management of a team, with the responsibility of achieving the team’s monthly revenue targets and ongoing client success in partnership with the Customer Sales team.
As Manager of Customer Success, you will work with your team to achieve monthly client retention, client listing improvement, and cross-product adoption targets while keeping the group motivated and productive. The right person will be a strong people manager, have deep experience developing successful Customer Success teams, and brings a track record of reliably delivering against revenue or other sales goals.
The impact you’ll make:
- Actively coach, develop and lead your team in client success effectiveness and efficiency and serve as a client success leader within the broader organization
- Own the defined quota for a sales team based on revenue from ad services and product adoption across our WM Business offering
- Identify new tactics and opportunities to drive both client retention, client listing improvement, and cross-product adoption for your team and region
- Build and manage a high-performing team by recruiting top-tier talent, retaining and rewarding existing talent, managing resources effectively and efficiently, and demonstrating excellent leadership every day
- Develop and nurture a performance-driven culture that celebrates the right wins and quickly addresses gaps
- Be an expert in the consultative sales process and lead your team to use this skill to win and nurture client accounts
- Monitor all critical metrics across your team related to quota, SLA, and OKR success and use that data to guide their daily effort and focus them on hitting targets
- Partner closely with Customer Sales partners in the Territory
- Partner closely with sales leadership to develop and execute regional revenue strategy
- Provide thought leadership within the organization as it relates to the WM Business suite of products
- Advise Sales and Product Management regarding market opportunities, sales positioning, use of resources, and strategic planning
- Provide deep knowledge and insights to drive creative and long-term improvements to our overall platform offering
- Own quarterly sales forecasts, target setting, planning, and budgeting for your team
What you’ve accomplished:
- BS/BA Degree
- 6+ years of experience with proven success in a client success management/leadership role within online, digital media, or software sales
- 4+ years of people management, with substantial experience in coaching and performance management
- Track record of reliably delivering against client retention, revenue, or other sales goals
- Cross-functional team leadership, influence, management, and alignment experience
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Comfort with and ability to operate at an aggressive, accelerated, iterative pace in a dynamic environment
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization
Our 2022 Benefits:
- Medical, Dental & Vision benefits (effective Day1):
- Employee – employer-paid premium 100%
- Dependent – employer-paid premium 80%
- HMO – Kaiser & Anthem
- PPO and HDHP with HSA – Anthem
- Basic Life & AD&D – employer-paid 1x salary
- 401(k) Retirement Plan (with employer contribution)
- PTO (3 weeks accrued); 5 sick days
- Supplemental, voluntary benefits
- Kindbody (family planning/fertility) including up to $10,000 towards cash-pay services
- Goodly (Student Loan Repayment/529 Education Savings), including a company contribution of up to $1,000/year
- FSA (Medical, Dependent, Transit, and Parking)
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Short- and long-term disability Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Company-paid identity theft protection
- Rocket Lawyer legal services platform
- Paid parental leave
- Reimbursements for home office setup and monthly WiFi
- You get to play a meaningful role in the future of cannabis and how it’s regarded globally
- Catered lunches provided while working in the office
- Casual work environment, no fancy clothes required, but you are free to dress to the nines!
- Generous PTO and company holidays
- Endless opportunities to network and connect with fellow Weedmappers through education and speaker series, Employee Resource Groups, happy hours, team celebrations, game nights, and much more!
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the most innovative and passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Applicants may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under the terms of the ADA and state/local laws. Please inform us if you need assistance participating in the interview process.
WM Technology, Inc.’s (Nasdaq: MAPS) mission is to power a transparent and inclusive global cannabis economy. Now in its second decade, WM Technology has been a driving force behind much of the legislative change we’ve seen in the past 10 years.
Founded in 2008, WM Technology, is a leading technology and software infrastructure provider to the cannabis industry, comprising a B2C platform, Weedmaps, and B2B software, WM Business. The cloud-based SaaS solutions from WM Business provide an end-to-end operating system for cannabis retailers. WM Business’ tools support compliance with the complex, disparate, and constantly evolving regulations applicable to the cannabis industry. Through its website and mobile apps, WM Technology provides consumers with the latest information about cannabis retailers, brands, and products, facilitating product discovery and driving engagement with our retail and brand customers.
WM Technology holds a strong belief in the power of cannabis and the importance of enabling safe, legal access to consumers worldwide. Since inception, WM Technology has worked tirelessly, not only to become the most comprehensive platform for consumers, but to build the software solutions that power businesses compliantly in the space, to advocate for legalization, social equity, and licensing in many jurisdictions, and to facilitate further learning through partnering with subject matter experts on providing detailed, accurate information about the plant.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, WM Technology supports remote work for all eligible employees. Visit us at www.weedmaps.com.