The Manager, Customer Success Management leads a team of Customer Success Managers who support BenchSci’s pharmaceutical and biotech clients and will report to the Director, Enterprise Customer Success. You have deep customer management experience and can lead a motivated team.
BenchSci is a remote-first organization. At this moment, we are welcoming applicants from Canada and the US for this position.
- Promote Customer Success outcomes by driving adoption, increasing active usage, and creating BenchSci advocates in the user base to facilitate renewal
- Be accountable for key performance indicators of customer account health on your team
- Retain a qualified, high-functioning team, and recruit, hire, and train new team members as we grow
- Directly manage the team by allocating resources, encouraging professional development, and managing individual and group performance. This includes performing formal employee performance reviews and career growth discussions.
- Help with new employee onboarding within the CSM team
- Intervene on accounts or high-priority initiatives to support the team
- Identify areas of opportunity to improve BenchSci’s customer experience and impact, and work with the team to implement process improvements
- Help document and maintain team operating procedures and best practices
- Improve team function by working with leaders to improve process and communication, reduce spin, and improve efficiency
- Work with leadership to translate corporate goals into priorities and tactical execution plans for your team
- Assist in reporting to BenchSci leadership on key account activities
- Team representation in other internal projects
- 3+ years of customer success, account management, program management, or other customer-facing role experience, with at least 1 year of experience in a SaaS organization
- 2 years of experience as a people manager
- Experience developing teams
- Experience analyzing and optimizing customer-facing processes
- Experience working in a scale-up or other fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Experience navigating complex situations and whitespace, and managing competing interests
- An ability to tailor presentations to audiences both in advance and in response to real-time feedback
- Experience making an impact through your work within the life sciences industry
- Ability to motivate and challenge the team to succeed and be creative in the ways that they engage customers
- Willingness to travel multiple times per year, with a passport valid for international travel
Benefits and Perks:
An engaging remote-first culture
A great compensation package that includes BenchSci equity options
15 days vacation plus an additional day every year; plus company closures for 15 more days throughout the year
Unlimited flex time for sick days, personal days, religious holidays
Comprehensive health and dental benefits Emphasis on mental health with $2500 CAD* for Psychologist, Social Worker, or Psychotherapist services
A $2000 CAD* Annual Learning & Development budget
A $1000 CAD* home office set-up budget
A $2500 CAD*wellness, lifestyle and productivity spending account for employees
Generous parental leave benefits with a top-up plan or paid time off options
*Benefits are tied to Canadian dollar amounts and would be converted to local currency for those in other countries. Moving to local currency allotments in the future.
BenchSci’s vision is to help scientists bring novel medicine to patients 50% faster by 2025. We empower scientists to run more successful experiments with the world’s most advanced, biomedical artificial intelligence software platform.
Backed by F-Prime, Inovia, Golden Ventures, and Google’s AI fund, Gradient Ventures, we provide an indispensable tool for scientists that accelerates research at 16 top 20 pharmaceutical companies and over 4,300 leading academic centers. We’re a certified Great Place to Work®, and top-ranked company on Glassdoor.
BenchSci relentlessly builds on its strong foundation of culture. We put team members first, knowing that they’re the organization’s beating heart. We invest as much in our people as our products. Our culture fosters transparency, collaboration, and continuous learning.
We value each other’s differences and always look for opportunities to embed equity into the fabric of our work. We foster diversity, autonomy, and personal growth, and provide resources to support motivated self-leaders in continuous improvement.
You will work with high-impact, highly skilled, and intelligent experts motivated to drive impact and fulfill a meaningful mission. We empower you to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and thrive. Here you will be challenged to stretch yourself to achieve the seemingly impossible. Learn more about our culture.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: We’re committed to creating an inclusive environment where people from all backgrounds can thrive. We believe that improving diversity, equity and inclusion is our collective responsibility, and this belief guides our DEI journey. Learn more about our DEI initiatives.
Accessibility Accommodations: Should you require any accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Please reach out to email@example.com.