What you’ll do
- Build and lead a team of talented data scientists.
- Drive a data-driven decision culture across the company; ensure that teams are empowered to monitor and answer their own questions while identifying the most important deep dives to tackle as analytics team initiatives.
- Lead the design, development, and evolution of Thistle’s data warehouse / data lake, data pipelines, and reporting and analysis systems.
- Lead the design, development, and usage of machine learning/statistical models and ensure rigorous validation procedures and adoption.
- Build strong working relationships and develop deep partnerships with the business and the leadership(e.g. CPO, CMO, CFO).
- Cultivate a team with high performance standards, inclusivity, collaboration, and commitment.
- Recruit outstanding talent to expand the capabilities and scope of the team.
- Effectively manage performance and grow the careers of those on the data science team by setting clear expectations and providing mentoring and coaching in support of individual’s goals.
- Deliver strong written and verbal communications to collaborate with and influence business partners.
What you’ll bring
- 5+ years of data science experience, preferably in a high-growth, consumer-facing company.
- 2+ years managing high-performing analytics teams that exemplify a culture of excellence.
- MBA, MS or PhD in the following disciplines: Analytics, Business Intelligence, Computer Science, Data Science, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics, or Statistics.
- Expert knowledge of statistical methods, SQL, and data warehousing visualization technologies such as Redshift/Snowflake and Tableau.
- Demonstrated passion for and success in attracting, assessing, and closing highly skilled data science candidates.
- Experience working across an entire organization, building relationships to understand the ins and outs of the whole business.
- A passion for food, health, nutrition, and sustainability