Pathwire is looking for an Engineering Manager to join our team. As the engineering leader, you would be responsible for the direct management of a group of software engineers, managing operational challenges at scale, and quality of the software development process. Additionally, as our organization is growing, hiring top-notch engineers is always a key focus.
- Support the career growth for a team of Software Developers.
- Develop and track SLOs for the services that the team owns.
- Help field and tackle issues coming from support staff, other engineering teams, and our automated monitoring systems.
- Work with other engineering leaders to grow our engineering organization and culture.
- Hire and grow your team.
- Experience managing a distributed team.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices, coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Excellent communication with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Fundamental knowledge about system design and software architecture.
- Passion and commitment to inspire others, establish and sell the business and technical vision for a complicated problem area.
- Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet ambitious timelines with optimal solutions.
- Experienced using the following technologies for solution engineering: Golang, Python, Cassandra, Mongo, ELK Stack, React/Node.
- Being able to help create and drive development and performance metrics against OKRs.
- 3+ years of hands on development experience and 2+ years building and leading teams.
- KEEPING YOU HEALTHY: Pathwire offers 100% employer paid comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans (US). We offer a variety of supplemental plans to meet your individual needs and provide access to telehealth for all participants.
- KEEPING YOU BALANCED: Pathwire provides free virtual counseling resources through our Employee Assistance Programs. Your mental health is as important as your physical health.
- FINANCIAL SECURITY: We offer an employer match for 401k participants to help you plan for the future (US).
- TAKE A BREAK: We believe performance at work requires balance at home. This is why we provide 5+ weeks of time-off to all employees.
- FAMILY PLANNING: We know that families can be built in a variety of ways and this is why Pathwire offers paid parental leave and family planning support.
- WORK WHERE YOU ARE: It’s not where you work that matters. This is why we provide flexible remote work offerings for most of our roles
Pathwire embraces diversity and equal opportunity in all aspects of our business. We are committed to building a company that empowers individuals from a diverse set of backgrounds and values diversity of thought as a beacon for performance. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.