Pathwire, a Sinch Company, is looking for a Manager to join our Reputation and Anti-Abuse team. The team’s mission is to protect the platform from bad actors and ensure that legitimate customers are following our Terms of Services and Acceptable Use Policy. As the leader of this team, you would be responsible for the direct management of a group of software engineers, managing operational challenges at scale, and quality of the software development process. Additionally, as our organization is growing, hiring outstanding engineers is always a key focus.
- Support the career growth for a team of Software Developers.
- Work closely with our Deliverability and Compliance team to develop tooling and systems to fight bad actors.
- Develop and track SLOs for the anti-abuse services.
- Help field and tackle issues coming from support staff, other engineering teams, and our automated monitoring systems.
- Work with other engineering leaders to grow our engineering organization and culture.
- Hire and grow your team.
- Experience managing a distributed team.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices, coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Excellent communication with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Fundamental knowledge about system design and software architecture.
- Passion to inspire others, establish and sell the business and technical vision for a complicated problem area.
- Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions.
- Experienced using the following technologies for solution engineering: Golang, Python, Cassandra, Mongo, ELK Stack, React/Node.
- Being able to help create and drive development and performance metrics against OKRs
- 5+ years of hands on development experience and 2+ years building and leading teams
- Experience building and maintaining security, threat intelligence or anti-abuse systems.
- KEEPING YOU HEALTHY: Pathwire offers 100% employer paid comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans (US). We offer a variety of supplemental plans to meet your individual needs and provide access to telehealth for all participants.
- KEEPING YOU BALANCED: Pathwire provides free virtual counseling resources through our Employee Assistance Programs. Your mental health is as important as your physical health.
- FINANCIAL SECURITY: We offer an employer match for 401k participants to help you plan for the future (US).
- TAKE A BREAK: We believe performance at work requires balance at home. This is why we provide 5+ weeks of time-off to all employees.
- FAMILY PLANNING: We know that families can be built in a variety of ways and this is why Pathwire offers paid parental leave and family planning support.
- WORK WHERE YOU ARE: It’s not where you work that matters. This is why we provide flexible remote work offerings for most of our roles.
Pathwire embraces diversity and equal opportunity in all aspects of our business. We are committed to building a company that empowers individuals from a diverse set of backgrounds and values diversity of thought as a beacon for performance. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.