Chronosphere is the provider of the only observability platform that puts engineering organizations back in control by taming rampant data growth and cloud-native complexity, delivering increased business confidence. Teams at startups to well-known global brands in the Fortune 500 around the world trust Chronosphere to help them operate scalable, highly available and resilient applications.
Chronosphere is looking for trailblazers who are experts in their space and are passionate about creating meaningful solutions for engineers and digital businesses.
Chronosphere is a series C startup with more than $343M in funding and a $1B+ valuation. We’re a remote-first company, backed by Greylock, Lux Capital, General Atlantic, Addition and Founders Fund.
About the role
We are looking for our Engineering Manager who has a solid track record of developing and nurturing strong teams, while maintaining the hands-on technical abilities to navigate and contribute to our engineering roadmap. You will be responsible for supporting the engineering team that owns distributed tracing capabilities in our product. This team works on making tracing accessible and usable for engineers.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders such as product, design and sales teams to set the direction for the tracing product, help create the engineering roadmap and manage customer priorities.
- Manage projects to that roadmap and set priorities in partnership with key stakeholders and technical contributors, establish delivery sequence, and drive day-to-day execution against those priorities.
- Balance work across our individual contributors and support engineers at all stages of their career and support them to help them do their best work.
- Support and develop a team of 9 engineers through feedback, coaching, context setting and expectations management, and eliminating barriers to execution.
- Partner with other engineering leaders in driving process changes across teams to ensure that we continue to scale effectively.
- Own the reliability of tracing software in production. Our engineering teams are responsible for the uptime of their systems, and you will ensure that your team has the focus, tools, and process needed to reliably ship and manage
What you will achieve
In the first 3 months, you will build a deep understanding of Chronosphere’s platform and will have time to learn about tracing, our customer’s needs, the underlying technology and how we deliver changes. You will establish relationships with our key stakeholders. You will manage your direct reports, own the planning and day-to-day execution for the team with the support of your manager as need be.
After 3 months, you will manage all day to day activities of the team in close partnership with key stakeholders and your manager. You will learn about and contribute to driving process changes to ensure our organization scales effectively.
- Empathy and an understanding of how to support engineers to do their best work.
- An ability to take on ambiguity and evolve it into clear direction and priorities for the team
- A high level of organization and the ability to manage multiple projects from initial concept through delivery and production support. You should be comfortable iterating with product/design from high level requirements to execution plan, and have a track record of successfully delivering multiple complex concurrent projects.
- Familiarity with enterprise software and software as a service. We deliver a highly reliable service to demanding business customers, and you should understand how this impacts the way product is built, validated, released, and operated.
- Strong background in partnering with recruiting, making hiring decisions and closing hires, and building a diverse and inclusive team. We believe strongly that hiring is the responsibility of engineering management, and you should be able to demonstrate attracting, closing, and retaining engineers at multiple levels.
United States – East Coast #LI-Remote
We are a global team spread across Europe, US East and West Coast.
Reporting to Charu Govil, On-Call Experience Engineering Manager
- Health Insurance Coverage
- Free Lunches
- Unlimited Vacation Time
- Competitive Salary
- Stock Options
- And More
Chronosphere is an equal opportunity employer. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t line up exactly with the job description. Your skills, passion, and desire to make a difference will stand out. At Chronosphere, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren’t afraid to challenge the standard. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at email@example.com