HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
At HashiCorp, we have used the Tao of HashiCorp as our guiding principles for product development and operate according to a strong set of company principles for how we interact with each other. We value top-notch collaboration and communication skills, both among internal teams and in how we interact with our users.
Engineering at HashiCorp is largely a remote team. While prior experience working remotely isn’t required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
We build Consul, Nomad, Vault, Terraform, Vagrant, and Packer. Alongside of that, we deploy enterprise products for each in a variety of different ways: licensed and unlicensed binaries, appliances to public cloud platforms, and hosted SaaS platforms. Our products help organizations of all sizes run any infrastructure for any application.
About the Role
This is an engineering management role focused on managing a Vault engineering team and participating in overall product delivery. This role is uniquely technical given the deeply infrastructure-related nature of the product. Given this unique situation, it is expected that applicants would be comfortable playing a mix of roles, including management and coaching, assisting with product management, and participating in architectural & technical discussions and guidance.
Much of our work and libraries are open source and receive contributions from a large community of users. The majority of our tools and integrations are written in Golang.
You can learn more about the Vault product with our Co-Founder & CTO by watching this video here: Introduction to HashiCorp Vault with Armon Dadgar
In this role, you can expect to…
- Manage and support a growing team of product software engineers
- Support the career growth for individuals on a team building and delivering Vault to a fast-growing customer base
- Work directly with the Vault community and HashiCorp customer to improve the product
- Hire and grow a team in a fast-growing organization
- Ensure high reliability of Vault through thoughtful testing and release practices
- Own the full lifecycle of feature development from design through testing and release
You may be a good fit for our team if…
- You’ve managed or supported engineers on small or large teams
- You have experience working with distributed systems software
- You have experience with customer support or OSS community support
- You have expertise in one or more of the major public clouds
- You’ve worked with engineers utilizing, or worked with, low-level programming languages
- You have a passion for the Unix philosophy, and small, concise tools
About the Application Process:
Please note, as collaboration and communication are a critical aspect of how we work, a cover letter is a great way to provide a sample of how you communicate.
In your cover letter, please describe why you’re interested in working at HashiCorp, and what draws you to this role in particular. Specifics of your past experience that are relevant to this role are great to include, too.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.