We’re all in at DoubleDown. Are you?
As the HR Manager, you will plan, conduct, communicate and coordinate human resources and employee engagement programs and activities. You will lead Human Resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented; high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity, and standards; goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce. You’ll be responsible for leading the HR and Studio Operations teams focusing on employee engagement. You are responsible for the development of processes and metrics that support the achievement of the organization’s business goals.
Be a high roller at DoubleDown
We’re DoubleDown Interactive, a talented team of approximately 80 Game Designers, Artists, Marketers and more. Located in Seattle’s International District, we create fun, authentic casino-style entertainment via free-to-play social and mobile games, enjoyed by millions of players worldwide. As a leader in the social casino space, we continue to revolutionize through constant innovation and also expand our game genres to RPG and casual games etc. Known for our fun and collaborative culture, we move quickly to deliver exciting online game experiences to casino enthusiasts and social gamers alike.
What you should bring to the table
- 7+ years in HR with proven expertise in talent management, leadership development, workforce planning, change management, organizational development and other HR initiatives in high-tech or entertainment industries with 3+ years of lead/management experience
- Bachelor’s in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field
- Can work in a fast-paced environment supporting an organization under 100 people
- Excellent communication skills and able to create and present clear management presentations
- Must be flexible and open to change
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Strong analytics and problem-solving skills
- Excellent excel chops – you like to work with data
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn an HRIS & ATS systems
- Strong and thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations
Other cards you might be holding
- Hands-on experience in a startup environment
- Mastery of ADP Workforce Now
- SHRM-CP strongly desired
Placing your best bet – the responsibilities
- Work closely with studio leadership and management to drive HR practices into regular business operations
- Provides support and guidance to HR, management and other employees when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise; may be required to administer and execute routing tasks in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations of wrongdoing and terminations
- Consult and guide teams on HR polices and best practices
- Establish rapport and open lines of communication cross functionally and across discipline
- Analyzes trends in compensation and benefits; researches and proposes competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent
- Creates learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees
- Maintain HR Services specific to employee resource planning and organization development, performance management, employee relations, training and development
- Coaches management in the art of disciplinary meetings and manages terminations, and investigations
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment laws and regulations and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management and employment law
- Provides support to the talent acquisition process, which may include recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants as needed
Hitting the jackpot
As the HR Manager, you will partner with senior management to drive HR initiatives including integrated talent management, performance management, compensation management and succession planning. You will also partner with the leadership team in defining HR needs and developing the scope of the related projects.
Cashing in on the comps
Due to our entire studio working remote, the cool things we do for employees have slightly changed. Here is a quick glance of fun things we have done as a studio during this time!
- Take a break and participate in our monthly (sometimes themed) trivia session!
- Stay zen throughout the week by taking advantage of one or more of our virtual yoga classes.
- Hungry? Anticipate monthly snack boxes courtesy of garten!
- Need some caffeine? We’ve got you covered too! Fun themed coffee boxes get sent straight to your door, enough to last a couple months.
- Does your home “office” need some comfort? Take advantage of our office chair lending program!
- Still not comfortable? Schedule a virtual visit from our team of ergonomics assessment professionals.
- Miss seeing your coworkers faces? We also do virtual company events! Here is a snapshot of things we have done and are looking forward to doing:
- Pride Bingo
- Wine Tasting & Trivia
- Escape Room Extravaganza
- Painting Class
- Still hungry? Depending on the month, you’ll get carefully curated goodie boxes, to feed you and your family! What do you mean? I’m glad you asked. Here is a short list of goodies boxes that have already gone out to employees:
- Summer Picnic in a Box (Hawaiian Themed)
- DDI Farmers Market Box (Filled with local goodies to support the community!)
- Oktoberfest Box
- Dia De Los Muertos & Halloween Treats Box (eagerly awaiting this one 😊)
- Giving back to the community is just as important as giving to our employees. This year we sponsored a company match for Juneteenth and hosted a virtual bike challenge benefiting the Boys & Girls Club of King County. Later this year we will partner once again with NBCF, and other local organizations.
- As if all of this isn’t cool enough, you’ll love our benefit package.
- We offer medical, dental, vision, prescription coverage, maternity/paternity leave, disability protection (short- and long-term) and a 401(k) employer match and both traditional and Roth plans.
- Not sure where to start with benefits? Health Advocate is here to help navigate benefits with you, like finding a doctor or help answer any medical related questions 24/7!
- Every team member receives 15 days of vacation, 56 hours of sick time, 2 personal floating holidays, and 11 paid calendar holidays per year.
- With everything that’s going on in the world right now, we’ve got your back!
- Between our Employee Assistance Program and our medical provider, you have up to 8 free counseling visits annually.
- Our Simply Engaged and Rally Wellness Programs provide at home workouts, wellness resources and healthy recipes. Need more motivation? They also reward your healthy habits with gift cards!
- And finally, to give you peace of mind, InfoArmor provides around the clock identity theft protection.
- Combine all of this with our amazing work/life balance and company-matched retirement options, and you have the dream job!
Looking for another reason we’re the best place in Seattle to work? We’re committed to our role as an Equal Opportunity Employer – we embrace a diverse mix of voices and create a positive environment where everyone belongs. We don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our communities. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. DoubleDown is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need help completing your application, let us know! Email us at Careers@DoubleDown.com and one of our awesome HR team members will get you everything you need. We look forward to meeting you soon!
To be considered, you must be at least 18 years of age with the ability to successfully pass a security criminal background investigation. You must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship as DoubleDown does not sponsor, renew, or extend immigration visas for this position.
DoubleDown partners with E-Verify, an Internet-based system that allows businesses to determine the eligibility of their employees to work in the United States.