We are targeting GMT +1 to GMT -8 in the countries identified with core overlapping hours of 10am-1pm Eastern Standard
At Stack Overflow, our mission is to empower the world’s developers. Every day, millions of developers come to us to get answers to their programming questions, collaborate better with their teams, and find their next dream job. As the world continues to transform with technology as a leading force, we’re driven to make Stack Overflow a place where everyone who codes feels welcome to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers.
Stack Overflow is growing fast, and our technology needs just keep getting bigger. We’re looking for an IT Service Desk Manager to join our existing team and help us grow our internal IT Support Team. As an IT Service Desk Manager, you’ll bring a process and customer service-oriented mindset to managing and day-to-day operations of an internal IT Service Desk and support team.
We’re looking for someone with experience in managing and growing a support and Service Desk team. The IT Service Desk Manager (SDM) is a critical role in any IT Service Management (ITSM) operation. You will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day activities of the Service Desk to ensure our internal customers receive the support and service they require. In addition to managing daily operations, you will also be responsible for monitoring and reporting on operational KPIs to ensure the support team is meeting established business SLA and resolving issues in accordance with policies and procedures.
You’re an established IT leader who serves as a mentor and plays coach to high-performing operations teams. You know your stuff when it comes to corporate security and compliance, and you find creative ways to implement best practices in those areas. And what you don’t know, you’re willing to figure out with your peers. You are process-oriented and rigorous in following up on your plans and commitments. Above all, you value servant leadership and you are driven to support the needs of every employee who walks through Stack Overflow’s hallways (virtual or otherwise), no matter their role, personal background, or technical experience level. You enable every Stack employee to support the diverse developer community we are nurturing.
What you’ll do:
- Hiring employees
- Process definition
- Policy definition
- Setting and tracking team goals and objectives
- Mid-year and annual reviews
- Mentoring and coaching
- Workload balancing
- Operational performance monitoring
- Continuous improvement
- SLA compliance
- KPI reporting
- SOP creation and maintenance
- Vendor Management
- Special projects
- Service Transition
- Changes and releases
- Liaising with internal team and various stakeholders
What we’re looking for:
- Servant leadership mindset – one that models humility and empathy through action
- Conflict-management skills
- Prioritization skills including prioritizing the work of others and managing multiple priorities
- Ability to quickly assess the impact of a given situation
- Communication skills across the organization i.e. peers, staff, executives, end-users, and other types of stakeholders
- Experience with multiple hardware and software platforms
- 5+ years’ experience directly managing high-performing IT support or IT operations teams, or commensurate experience preferably in an ITIL organization
- Ability to work with remote employees across many time zones
- Experience with both security and compliance (ISO 27001/SOC2 a plus)
- ITILv3 Foundation (or higher) certification requires v4 preferred
- Knowledge of Fresh Service or other ITSM ticketing systems
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally (5%-10%)
Also note: If this job interests you but you aren’t certain if you meet all of the requirements, apply anyway!
Our ecosystem includes
- Google Suite
- Cisco and Meraki Networking Gear
- Bash, Python, Powershell
- Windows and Linux servers
- Mac and PC laptops
- Workspace One and Carbon Black
How to apply: Please include an up-to-date resume, and a cover letter explaining why you’re interested in working at Stack Overflow.
We’re a remote-friendly team. Whether you work remotely or work out of our New York office, you’ll be part of a remote work culture that emphasizes online communication (Slack, GitHub, Hangouts, Zoom, Stack Overflow for Teams). While we’re generally very flexible on working hours, living and working within GMT-7:00 to GMT+2:00 time zones (US through Europe) is required for scheduling and interaction with your team and support staff who assist our customers. We also believe in strong work-life balance and are focused on making sure that everyone finds a good balance, whether in-office or remotely.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive Base Salary
- 20 days paid vacation
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, and paid sick days
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- 401K match
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Employees will never be poked with a sharp stick
If your role is not located in one of our offices…. We’ll reimburse you up to $2,000 to set up a great home office.
If you want to work in our office… You’ll be in our headquarters in New York City, and enjoy additional benefits like free lunches, transportation reimbursement, and all the espresso you can drink.
We’re a remote-friendly team. Whether you work remotely or work out of our New York office (re-opening voluntarily Fall 2021), you’ll be part of a remote work culture that emphasizes online communication (Slack, GitHub, Hangouts, Zoom, Stack Overflow for Teams).
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.