We acknowledge that Bench headquarters is located on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the Coast Salish Peoples, including the territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
Our mission is to make a profound difference in the quality of life of one million people, by removing the financial complexity of entrepreneurship. Businesses need to understand their financial performance, but for many smaller ones, this means a trade-off between doing their books and running their businesses.
Bench solves this dilemma by taking bookkeeping off of their hands. Learn more about us on our About page.
We’re growing fast, and we’re looking for you to join us on this incredible journey.
A message from our hiring manager:
Hello, I’m Ganesh, Director – Client Lifecycle Marketing here at Bench. I have an exciting opportunity to work with a world-class team of marketers, creatives, strategists, analysts and technologists here at Bench. We’re about to launch one of the most innovative products in the Fintech world, it will revolutionize how small businesses manage their finances. More importantly, it will change their life and help them focus on what matters so that they don’t have to think about how to manage their books and their bank accounts.
This role will be based out of Vancouver, BC or from a home office anywhere in the US or Canada.
Read on, and hope I get to work with you soon!
Below is everything you need to know about this amazing opportunity:
You’ll be a perfect fit if you are:
A self-starter with an insatiable curiosity for identifying the ideal client experience and the expertise to create strategies that will bring them to life. We are looking for problem solvers, initiative takers, people that see opportunities and potential to improve. You should be passionate about your job and enjoy a rapidly evolving working environment. We embrace change; you should dare to challenge the status quo and be persistent in doing so.
What you’ll be getting up to:
- Develop the ideal client lifecycle journey that helps Bench onboard, nurture, engage and retain clients
- Own the automated email program strategy, delivering the right message to the right client at the right frequency
- Create and constantly update content strategy for the lifecycle program specific to individual Bench product suite/bundles ensuring high relevance in messaging
- Work with cross functional partners like BizOps, Data, Operations, Lead Marketing, Client Success etc. to provide best in class client experience personalized to the client’s preferred channel (email, in-app messaging, chat, sms etc.)
- Be responsible for key metrics like churn, LTV, product usage, retention etc. and provide ongoing updates to senior leaders
- Manage end-to-end planning and execution of lifecycle campaigns using data driven strategies/hypotheses
- Create and optimize segmentation and email content personalization strategies by leveraging activity data, LTV, demographics, and user behaviour/intent/preference.
- Drive a culture of test and learn through continuous A/B and multivariate experimentation to increase client engagement and retention
- Have an iterative mindset, constantly seeking improvements to process, strategy, tools and technologies.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to have:
- 5+ years experience developing and automating lifecycle programs using email, app, web and other channels/messaging platforms.
- Extensive knowledge in email marketing trends, technologies, and best practices, which you use to drive results through email programs.
- Experience working in platforms like Marketo, Salesforce, Drift, etc.
- Solid understanding of B2B customer lifecycle flows and email + marketing automation best practices.
- Strong leader with the ability to inspire, motivate, coach and guide team members to achieve success
- You care deeply about user experience and can build precise targeting as well as delightful, on-brand experiences.
- Proficient with segmentation, reporting, and how to use data to drive business decisions
- Demonstrated track record in developing and executing A/B tests, and analyzing and translating data into business and client insights
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment
- An activated curiosity and openness to being an equitable and inclusive leader. Our commitment to anti-racism and anti-discrimination as a company excites you.
What’s in it for you + the extra details:
- You’ll have my unconditional support and together we’ll look back and we’ll be so proud of what we’ve built.
- You will get to learn and grow by working with a team of unconventional & diverse leaders, from ex-business owners to consultants, all coming together to achieve the same mission.
- You’ll have a competitive salary (based on experience), great benefits (health, dental, vision,etc.) & perks, stock options, and more.
- You have the opportunity of a lifetime to truly make a difference in the lives of millions of entrepreneurs.
- All Benchmates have access to Inkblot Therapy, our virtual counselling service to support mental wellbeing, and Bravely, our confidential, on-demand, 1:1 professional coaching service.
- We’re a remote-first team augmented by physical space, and you’ll need to be able to travel to Vancouver regularly once it’s possible to do
We believe that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society—including but not limited to BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that without you, we are all less. At Bench, we don’t stand for tokenism. We stand for representation.