We’re Karat, the leader in technical interviewing and pioneer of the Interviewing Cloud
Karat’s purpose is to unlock opportunity, and we built the world’s first Interviewing Cloud to conduct predictive, fair, and enjoyable technical interviews 24/7. Karat helps companies expand interviewing capacity, unlock developer time, and raise engineering quality so they can hire smarter and grow faster, and create more opportunities for software engineers. From our industry-leading solutions to Karat’s Brilliant Black Minds program, the work we do here matters. We’re a team of passionate, focused, human-centric team, and we want you to join us!
Come join our Community Operations team
Our Community Operations team is committed to building and supporting the Interview Engineering community at Karat. As one of the most central teams in the organization, we have a direct impact on not only the bottom line of business but also on the evolution of the recruiting industry.
What you will do
As Manager of Community Operations at Karat, you will help build and oversee Karat’s Community Operations workflows and initiatives. Through managing a team of operators, you will be responsible for creating efficient, sustainable programs that help us support the Interview Engineer Community while providing best-in-class service.
- Motivate and lead a team to deliver against metrics required to serve our Interview Engineer Community. This includes maximizing Interview Engineer retention, engagement, and experience.
- Support hiring, onboarding, and training of Community Operations Specialists.
- Manage performance and personal development of Community Operations Specialists.
- Develop a team schedule and manage timekeeping to ensure SLAs are met with high-quality service.
- Help define best practices for the Interview Engineer Community, support workflows and maintain accurate SOP documentation for the Community Operations team.
- Work cross-functionally to drive strategic projects, including improving interview quality, creating new earnings opportunities for Interview Engineers, and other business opportunities.
- Work with our product and engineering team to make improvements that increase efficiency and help us serve our community.
The experience you will bring
- 5+ years of relevant experience in operations
- 2+ years of direct management experience
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Comfortable thinking in a data-oriented way — where you have built and defined the appropriate metrics, and can communicate performance data to the team and key stakeholders
- Comfortable building structure and process, as well as operating in a fast-paced, quick-change environment
- Previous experience at a high-growth, quick-change start-up with a bias for action
This is a full-time, salaried position. Immigration sponsorship is not available.
Karat is a remote company with employees throughout the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom. For this position, we are only considering individuals based in the United States.
Benefits of joining Karat
Karat strives to offer everything you need to best support you today, tomorrow, and beyond. We’re proud of our current offerings, and highlight some of our team’s favorites below. There are more, just feel free to ask!
Compensation / Time Off:
- Highly competitive salary and stock options
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous paid PTO (see below) and Sick Leave (10 days per year)
- Flexible Time Off Policy for salaried positions
- Three weeks accrued per year for hourly positions
- Global Parental Leave (16 weeks paid with additional 8 weeks transition back to work in part-time capacity)
- 20 paid Company Holidays for 2022
Benefits / Wellness:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance via Cigna or Kaiser (for CA-based employees)
- 100% premium covered for employees
- 70% premium covered for dependents
- FSA, STD, LTD, Standard Life Insurance, and Optional Life Insurance
- Mental Wellness offerings such as Calm, Happify, Talkspace, Modern Health, and more
- $150 per month contribution to miscellaneous benefit/wellness of employee’s choice
Learn more about us
Statement of Inclusivity:
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Karat.
We value a diverse workforce: people of color, womxn, and LGBTQIA+ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Karat is an E-Verify company.