Quickly maturing startup seeking like-minded Manager of Customer Operations! PacketFabric redefines how companies procure, consume, and manage their network connectivity. The technical team is a small, talented, and close-knit group and we need some help to make operations flow smoothly.
What PacketFabric offer:
- Remote first, globally distributed team.
- The chance to disrupt the entrenched Internet infrastructure industry.
- A supportive and optimistic team that likes to learn from each other.
- A product development pipeline that’s always pushing new features and enhancing the quality of existing products.
- The opportunity to work with many different technologies.
- The opportunity to work with lots of open source technology.
- A small company culture.
- A flat reporting structure.
- Outstanding health, dental, and 401(k) for US residents.
What PacketFabric doesn’t offer:
- Lack of direction: we maintain a clear roadmap and product pipeline.
- Pre-meetings: we don’t hold meetings to plan other meetings.
- A commute: no hours wasted in megaregion rush hour traffic.
- A dress code: a robe and slippers is acceptable attire any day of the week.
As a Manager of Customer Operations you should be the type that appreciates diversity in your day, and relishes challenges outside of your comfort level! You will be working with some of the most technically talented individuals in the industry on a cutting edge Network as a platform. So you must come armed with well developed problem solving and collaboration skills.
We have the industry leading NPS score, all you have to do is keep it. This is not your typical customer support role, and you must have the ability to work with highly technically skilled individuals and teams.
A typical day in the life of a PacketFabric Manager of Customer Operations might include these types of activities:
- Working closely with operations, network engineering, and software engineering teams to ensure requests have a thorough root cause analysis performed, with an eye towards common underlying issues.
- Collaborating with the documentation team to create troubleshooting guides in the customer knowledge base for a common support issue.
- Refining KPIs and reporting information around customer experience.
- Driving all support requests to resolution and ensuring that internal documentation is through, and all issues are properly categorized.
- Plan/develop roadmaps which track implementation of important operational policies, features, tools, or other relevant functions of the operations group via streamlined and/or automation.
- Owning the overall customer experience. This may include assisting with software bugs, network issues, or any other day-to-day customer support items. The Manager of Customer Operations is the escalation point for any customer facing items.
- Providing input to internal software tools developers to ensure internal tooling roadmaps are accurate and meet the needs of the operations organization.
The right candidates will most likely have a BS or CS degree and have a strong background in customer facing roles, with a proven track record of completing projects on time in spite of obstacles.
- Candidates should have extensive experience in customer facing roles at SaaS, cloud, and/or network environments.
- Experienced in leading operational teams in a 24/7 environment.
- Expert using root cause analysis to identify company wide improvements and present these across engineering teams and stakeholders.
- Strong desire to automate any repetitive tasks and surface maximum information to the customer for self service.
- Passion for identifying opportunities to increase efficiencies and accelerate processes through tools and automation.
- Strong understanding of operational metrics and processes centered around customer experience.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities while staying calm and bringing the focus to the customer.
- Understanding of security best practices as it relates to outstanding customer service.
- Working understanding of current provisioning and operational tooling best practices.
- Experience with managing tasks, with a highly organized mindset.
- Extreme customer facing mindset, with the ability to communicate with customers and internal teams when under intense pressure.
- Proven Management and/or relationship management experience at a senior, strategic level role. Established track record of exceeding targets, KPI’s, and SLA’s.
- Maintaining our outstanding NPS score.
- Not too big for the small jobs, not too small for the big jobs
- Experience with large scale networks either in telecom infrastructure, or cloud infrastructure.
- Experience with layer 2 and layer 3 networking concepts, such as L2VPN, BGP, MPLS.
- Experience with major datacenter providers (Equinix, Digital Realty Trust, Coresite, etc).
- Experience in cloud, telecom, and datacenter support models that are tightly integrated with the engineering organization.