RStudio creates great software that helps people understand data and make better decisions in real-world applications. We create open-source data science software that is free for anyone in the world to download and use free of charge, as well as our complementary professional software suite that enables organizations to author, share, and manage data science applications securely and at scale. Our customers are leading-edge innovators in analytics, machine learning, big data, and similar domains, and generally work in R and Python.
50% of the Fortune 1000 use RStudio to solve their most difficult business problems.
As the Manager of Enterprise Customer Success, reporting to the VP of Customer Success, your primary responsibility will be to lead a team consisting of Customer Success Managers. This team provides exceptional service to our existing customers throughout their license terms, and especially during renewals, applying their deep knowledge of our products and sales processes. You will have the opportunity to inspire these individuals to provide world-class support to our customers, and to be champions of RStudio’s mission, purpose, and products while setting standards and processes for operational excellence in our Customer Success function.
You’ll own the responsibility to:
- Hire, train, mentor, and coach mid-career Customer Success team members to help them increase proficiency in their roles. You’ll participate in their regular career and goal-planning conversations
- Formally and informally evaluate team performance and customer satisfaction through observation, customer feedback, reporting, and analytics
- Provide frameworks and coaching that enable your team to manage (and forecasting from) a large set of annual renewal deals, achieving goals in customer retention, satisfaction, and account health
- Serve as a point of escalation for customer-facing issues, resolving some issues with customers directly
How you’ll assist:
- Recommend and implement process improvements as necessary to adapt to changing customer and team needs
- Represent the voice of the customer and influence internal stakeholders by promoting a customer-centric mindset across the organization
- Co-author and maintain team playbooks as standards and processes evolve
- Co-create processes and workflows that support efficient, accurate, and on-time processing of customer renewals
- Collaborate with other Sales team stakeholders and leaders to align operational priorities and initiate other projects
What you’ll teach:
- How truly to care for customers, using your genuine love for customers to be a role model
- How to grow and manage the existing customer base, ensuring customers are realizing maximum business value across the customer lifecycle that ultimately results in their renewal, growth of lifetime value, and customer satisfaction
- Structured, disciplined approaches to managing the Customer Success workload
- How to resolve business and technical escalations from customers, uncovering underlying needs as well as reported ones
- How to conduct high-level meetings with customers about data science strategy and alignment
- Deal strategy
What you’ll learn:
- Get exposure to Fortune 1000 data science organizations and build a deeper awareness of their opportunities and challenges
- Develop familiarity with RStudio Professional Products and best practices to help Customer Success teams develop personalized success plans for customers and uncover opportunities for growth
- Understand the value drivers for RStudio Enterprise customers and identify those who are achieving success to help drive advocacy and new business
Within one month, you will…
- Complete the RStudio company wide and Customer Success onboarding process
- Meet team members and learn the business, history of the company, and where we are going
- Listen and learn from shadowing calls of CSMs
- Hold 1:1s with the CSM team and your management colleagues
- Review existing Customer Success playbooks and processes
Within three months, you will…
- Train, mentor and coach the CSMs in executing Customer Success playbooks, drawing on your experience and impressions of RStudio so far, and furthered through thoughtful, in-depth discussions among colleagues and stakeholders
- Assist your team towards achieving the shared Gross Dollar Retention target as agreed upon
Within six months, you will…
- Fully execute the Customer Success playbook to deliver success to customers, facilitate on-time renewals, and identify growth opportunities within your team’s book of business
- Look for areas of improvement and to build efficiencies for the CSM team
- Assist in helping the CSM team handle complex escalations
- Partner with the recruiting team to recruit, hire, and train new CSMs
Within a year, you will…
- Continue to develop, test, and iterate high touch Customer Success engagement plays for continuous improvement as the company grows
- We welcome all talented colleagues and are committed to a culture that represents diversity in all its forms.
- We prioritize giving ourselves “focus time” to get deep work done. We minimize meetings and attempt to operate asynchronously.
- We are a learning organization and take mentorship and career growth seriously. We hope to learn from you and we anticipate that you will also deepen your skills, influence, and leadership as a result of working at RStudio.
- We operate under a unique sustainable business model: We have over 50% of our engineering dedicated to creating free and open source software. We are profitable and we plan to be around decades from now.
We offer competitive compensation with extensive human-first, people-focused benefits to prioritize your personal and financial well-being.
- 100% of medical, dental, and vision insurance premiums are covered for employees and their families! Fertility and gender-affirming healthcare is included in all of our plans.
- Supplemental mental health and wellness benefits are available via Ginger even if you don’t opt in to our insurance plans, including Ginger for teen family members.
- RStudio’s gender-neutral paid parental leave policy covers all new parents, including foster and adoptive parents.
- Our 401k matches up to 50% of the maximum employee contribution after six months.
- An annual profit-sharing bonus for employees recognizes our team’s contributions to company performance across the year.
- We are a 100% distributed team. You are also welcome to come into our Seattle or Boston offices.
- Our remote office allowance includes:
- $1000 home office allowance plus an additional $800 for equipment
- Up to $400 monthly reimbursement for coworking space rental
- Our remote office allowance includes:
- We provide a flexible environment with a generous vacation policy that encourages a minimum of four weeks PTO per year plus 13 paid company holidays.
RStudio is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.