We believe in having a transparent hiring process to provide a fair and inclusive experience to all our candidates.
Our team is dedicated to ensuring you have a great candidate experience, and that starts with outlining our hiring process from start to finish so you know what to expect every step of the way (no surprises!)—click here to learn more!
Are you a natural leader with an aptitude for building out elite teams? Do you take pride in motivating, guiding, and empowering those around you to do their best work? Do you have a strong foundation in sales with a long history of happy customers? You’re a customer-focused individual who isn’t afraid to jump in to get the job done. You thrive in high performing teams and are looking for a big opportunity to make an impact—and you’ll find that at Thinkific!
As the Manager of Sales (Mid-Market), your main objective will be to build a happy, highly motivated, and incredibly skilled Sales team who are perfectly positioned to support Thinkific’s mid-market customers. You will play a key role in hiring and coaching the mid-market team and develop them as Thinkific looks to expand globally. You’ll work to support the Account Executives as they look to qualify and convert sales opportunities, while working with the team to ensure we provide an incredible customer experience that results in revenue generation to support Thinkific’s growth.
In this role, you will:
- Recruit, develop, coach and lead the Mid-Market Sales team as Thinkific looks to expand globally
- Help build a fun, high energy environment where people love coming to work
- Be a part of the Sales Leadership team, building processes, playbooks, career paths, and appropriate measurements frameworks for Account Executives
- Work to develop Account Executives on call client calling and demo coaching
- Be responsible for team metrics and results, as well as for managing performance for those on your team
- Support Account Executives during deal negotiations and discussions with legal and compliance teams (both internally and on the client side)
- Provide accurate forecasting on an ongoing basis to the Sales Manager, Mid-Market
- Ensure all data is managed and updated appropriately by Account Executives in our CRM
- Manage all core team functions and rituals, such as regular huddles and 1:1s
To be successful in this role, you likely:
- Are a high energy, high integrity leader that has a track record of driving results
- Have spent 2-3 years managing teams of 4+ people in a variety of roles, within a medium sized organization
- Possess 2+ years of experience coaching teams through mid-size deals
- Listen well, show empathy, and have a willingness to always show up for your team
- Can demonstrate a proven track record of excellence and achievement as both an Account Executive and Sales Leader
- Have the desire to get your hands dirty and make a difference
You might be the person we’re looking for if you:
- Are eager to learn and grow—you’ve likely had some post-secondary education or have equivalent professional experience in a similar role, and you continue to seek opportunities to level up your skills
- Have previous experience as an Account Executive at the mid-market level
- Are familiar with creating dashboards and reports in Salesforce
- Hold a track record of leading a team of top performers, who love working with you and are inspired to come to work every day
Bonus points if you have:
- Have previous experience building an outbound team
- Have knowledge of inbound marketing
This is an incredible role for the right candidate. We can’t wait to meet you!
We’re about the results of online learning and the people along the way! Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses.
Our mission is no less than to revolutionize the way people learn and earn online by giving them the tools they need to turn their expertise into a sustainable business that impacts both them and their audience. We believe in meaningful, innovative work: we’re building and expanding an incredible product that empowers course creators around the globe while working collaboratively to learn and succeed together. Together, we’ve served over 50,000 course creators and more than 25 million students, and these numbers are growing each day!
Why we think you’ll like working with us:
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating on a best-in-class learning platform
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals and every day, we get to see how Thinkific is empowering both course creators and their students
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Canada and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Contribute to Thinkific’s award-winning culture—we’re one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and a certified Great Place to Work!
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, and mental health coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family
- Whether you’re at our Vancouver HQ or working from home, you’ll have the opportunity to build meaningful relationships with Thinkers on your team and across the company through team-wide events, meet and greets with new team members, and regular social events
- Have fun with our team, even while we’re working remotely—join us for an online games session, virtual trivia and paint nights, at-home fitness challenges, or even an online coffee brewing demo!
- Get additional health and wellness support through a lifestyle or health spending account to put your dollars where you need it most, whether that’s subsidizing your gym membership, covering out-of-pocket expenses, or getting new gear
- Enjoy our open vacation policy and flexible work environment, because we know the importance of having a great work-life balance (and sometimes, you do your best work in slippers)
- Learn and Grow is one of our values and we take it seriously, providing opportunities through lunch and learns, training, workshops, mentorship, and our $1500 education allowance
- Grow your career AND your family at Thinkific—you’ll be taken care of with our parental leave top-ups as you add to your family
- Meet the many @dogsofthinkific (and yes, they’re as cute and cuddly as they look)
- Work with the hardware you’re most comfortable with, and upgrade or replace your system when you need to with our technology bonus
- Get set up for success, whether that’s at the office or at home. Whether you need a monitor, laptop stand, keyboard, mouse, or even a desk, we’ll work to ensure you have what you need to do your best work
- Be confident bringing your whole self to work—we’re proud to be an inclusive company with a diverse team and values grounded in ethics and equality
- Here at Thinkific, we know that the different perspectives on our team have led to amazing ideas, more innovation, and, ultimately, our success as a company. Our team welcomes applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, identities, and statuses. Whoever you are—we can’t wait to meet you!