Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
We believe in having a transparent hiring process to provide a fair and inclusive experience to all our candidates.
Our team is dedicated to ensuring you have a great candidate experience, and that starts with outlining our hiring process from start to finish so you know what to expect every step of the way (no surprises!)—click here to learn more!
Are you an accomplished sales manager with a passion for building, motivating, and guiding high performing teams? Are you energized by helping others succeed? You’re confident and well-spoken, persistent, and looking to help your team grow. You’re looking for a big challenge that holds big opportunities—and you’ll find that at Thinkific!
As the newest Manager of Sales (SMB) at Thinkific, you’ll work directly with our Sales management team to build and lead an elite team of happy, high performing Account Executives. You will be focused on managing our inbound leads pipeline to generate small business revenue (focusing on our Pro and Growth plans), and qualifying larger opportunities for the Mid-Market Team to close. You’ll be focused on hiring and developing a team, creating a robust sales engine to fuel the top of our sales funnel, and drive our team towards our revenue goals.
In this role, you will:
- Recruit, lead, and continue to develop a happy, motivated group of SMB Account Executives
- Work closely with the collective team to meet sales quota and be responsible for your team’s metrics and results
- Coach and manage the performance of Account Executives through 1:1s, performance reviews, and sales coaching
- Support Account Executives during deal negotiations and discussions with legal and compliance teams (both internally and on the client side)
- Liaise with the Marketing and Revenue Operations teams, identifying and implementing new strategies on funnel optimization
- Ensure all data is managed and updated appropriately by Account Executives in our CRM
- Conduct regular coaching calls and demo coaching to help your team continuously improve
- Help build a fun, high energy environment where people love coming to work
To be successful in this role, you likely:
- Have 2-3 years of experience as a successful Account Executive
- Possess 1-2 years of experience leading BDRs, SDRs, and/or Account Executives in a team lead or manager capacity, leading teams of 4+ people
- Are a high integrity leader with a proven track record of leading by example for a successful sales team utilizing Sales guiding principles
- Have basic Salesforce experience—you know how to administer Salesforce users, manage permissions, access reports, and analyze data
You might be the person we’re looking for if you:
- Are eager to learn and grow—you’ve likely had some post-secondary education or have equivalent professional experience in a similar role, and you continue to seek opportunities to level up your skills
- Have experience using Sales Automation tools
- Know how to hire A Players and can confidently identify, attract, and retain the best talent
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of SaaS metrics and how to build a scalable, cost-effective team
- Have worked within the SMB space previously
Bonus points if you:
- Have inbound marketing experience
- Are familiar with working in a high-growth environment—we recently went through our #ThinkificIPO
We’re about the results of online learning and the people along the way! Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses.
Our mission is no less than to revolutionize the way people learn and earn online by giving them the tools they need to turn their expertise into a sustainable business that impacts both them and their audience. We believe in meaningful, innovative work: we’re building and expanding an incredible product that empowers course creators around the globe while working collaboratively to learn and succeed together. Together, we’ve served over 50,000 course creators and more than 25 million students, and these numbers are growing each day!
Why we think you’ll like working with us:
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating on a best-in-class learning platform
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals and every day, we get to see how Thinkific is empowering both course creators and their students
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Canada and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Contribute to Thinkific’s award-winning culture—we’re one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and a certified Great Place to Work!
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, and mental health coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family
- Whether you’re at our Vancouver HQ or working from home, you’ll have the opportunity to build meaningful relationships with Thinkers on your team and across the company through team-wide events, meet and greets with new team members, and regular social events
- Have fun with our team, even while we’re working remotely—join us for an online games session, virtual trivia and paint nights, at-home fitness challenges, or even an online coffee brewing demo!
- Get additional health and wellness support through a lifestyle or health spending account to put your dollars where you need it most, whether that’s subsidizing your gym membership, covering out-of-pocket expenses, or getting new gear
- Enjoy our open vacation policy and flexible work environment, because we know the importance of having a great work-life balance (and sometimes, you do your best work in slippers)
- Learn and Grow is one of our values and we take it seriously, providing opportunities through lunch and learns, training, workshops, mentorship, and our $1500 education allowance
- Grow your career AND your family at Thinkific—you’ll be taken care of with our parental leave top-ups as you add to your family
- Meet the many @dogsofthinkific (and yes, they’re as cute and cuddly as they look)
- Work with the hardware you’re most comfortable with, and upgrade or replace your system when you need to with our technology bonus
- Get set up for success, whether that’s at the office or at home. Whether you need a monitor, laptop stand, keyboard, mouse, or even a desk, we’ll work to ensure you have what you need to do your best work
- Be confident bringing your whole self to work—we’re proud to be an inclusive company with a diverse team and values grounded in ethics and equality
- Here at Thinkific, we know that the different perspectives on our team have led to amazing ideas, more innovation, and, ultimately, our success as a company. Our team welcomes applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, identities, and statuses. Whoever you are—we can’t wait to meet you!