Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance (learn more about how it works). We’re backed by A+ investors and our team is world-class, literally and figuratively, as we’re all scattered around the world.
Please check out our public handbook to learn more about our culture. We encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply. If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
How we work
We love working async and this means you get to do your own schedule.
We empower ownership and proactivity and when in doubt default to action instead of waiting.
This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal difference in the global employment space as a Manager of SMB, joining our Sales team.
- Experience managing a team of quota carrying Account Executives focused on SMB in startups with dynamic growth
- Proven track record of successfully mentoring direct reports on pipeline building, opportunity advancement and closing best practices.
- Ability to foster cross-functional alignment and coordination across SMB team and other functional groups to ensure team alignment with strategy and goals.
- Consistently deliver against targets – ensuring company and team goals and objectives are achieved consistently and sustainably
- Refine and evolve a scalable, measurable, and predictable process for running and growing the team
- Experience with tools used for successfully performing the SMB Account Executive function along with CRM (Hubspot preferred) knowledge
- Proven track record of hiring and maturing a growing team of geographically distributed SMB reps
- Experience working in a fast paced and ever changing environment including startups
- Proven ability to grow a global team with high standards of success and career advancement
- Strategic mindset with an understanding of how to functionally execute
- Leadership across multiple reports on a distributed basis
- Writes and speaks fluent English
- It’s not required to have experience working remotely, but considered a plus
- Partner with sales leadership and other functional groups to ensure the SMB team has the support and guidance needed to predictably overachieve their goals
- Help direct reports understand and articulate their desired career path and partner with them to get there.
- Identify any areas for improvement in the SMB sales cycle that align with Remote’s core values and mission
- Partner with senior sales management, marketing and other business partners to iterate on a successful GTM strategy
- Lead and assist the SMB team in identifying and prioritizing prospective accounts, establishing consistent sales metrics and practices, forecast hygiene and accuracy, and ultimately generating business and successful customers
- You have demonstrated success building a team, adding pipeline and fueling explosive growth through a mix of inbound and outbound closed deals
- Provide guidance on tools used to facilitate the sales cycle with an understanding of how they work together to achieve our needs for growth as well as improvement
- Understand the Customer Profiles and Business Models to help prioritize SMB opportunities for consistent and repeatable results for the customers and the business
- Build a rapidly expanding team on a global basis (All remote)
- Conduct performance management reviews to ensure direct reports are developing and that goals and expectations are aligned
- Provide weekly and quarterly reporting on opportunity statistics, pipeline and advancement, wins and losses, and opportunities for improvement
- Have excellent leadership skills (We lead, not manage)
- Remote work culture
- A fair and competitive salary
- The equipment/tools you need to do your job well and comfortable (MacBook Pro, screen, peripherals)
- Unlimited paid time off
- Flexible working hours
- Home office setup
- Health insurance
- Training allowance
- You’ll report to: Director of Sales – EMEA
- Team: Sales
- Location: Anywhere in the World
- Start date: As soon as possible
- (async) Profile review
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with future manager
- Interview with team members (no managers present)
- Peer Interviews
- (async) Offer
How to apply
Please fill out the form below. Don’t forget to add your CV (ideally as a PDF) and a cover letter (at most a single page) explaining why do you think there’s a match between this particular role and your profile. Thank you!