Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance (learn more about how it works). We’re backed by A+ investors and our team is world-class, literally and figuratively, as we’re all scattered around the world. Please check out our public handbook to learn more about our culture. We encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age, and abilities to apply. If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
How we work
We love working async and this means you get to do your own schedule.
We empower ownership and proactivity and when in doubt default to action instead of waiting.
This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal difference in the global employment space as a Product Design Manager, joining our Design team.
Design is at the forefront of everything we do. As a Product Design Manager you will have the chance to help build, coach, and mentor a quickly growing and highly skilled group of designers. In this role you will envision how people experience our products and bring that vision to life with a deep knowledge of working within a diverse team (design, engineering, and product management) also taking responsibility for the entire design process from initial research, ideation, conceptualization, and design, to testing and validation.
- You have experience developing designers’ skills and careers.
- You excel at motivating and inspiring people to do their best work.
- You have experience recruiting and building product design teams.
- Demonstrates an elevated and expanded expertise in their role and best practices.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing complex solutions for complete digital environments.
- An impressive portfolio showcasing a clear understanding of simplicity, typography, interactions and product design.
- An understanding and appreciation of the practice of design iteration by always experimenting, evaluating and learning.
- Proven experience of advocacy for the customer and applying user research insights to your design.
- Effectively prioritizing and delivering their role’s expected outcomes and proactively assisting colleagues where needed to help the team’s success.
- Contribution in order to keep work from the team consistent with the whole customer experience and designed with the customers’ high-level goals and needs.
- Collaboration with product managers, engineers, and cross-functional stakeholders to understand requirements and provide creative, thoughtful solutions.
- A kind, empathic and patient person.
- Someone who loves working with people and solving problems with them.
- One who cares deeply about diversity and inclusion.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- It’s not required to have experience working remotely, but considered a plus.
- Manage a quickly growing and business-critical team.
- Contribute to hiring and retaining product designers; help to shape the team culture.
- Ability to provide clear feedback and direction to designers on your team without being overly prescriptive.
- Increase the level of team maturity. Mentor and inspire, give and seek feedback in order to continually raise our bar for quality.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, as well as new functions and features.
- Identify what is needed for each design phase.
- Contributes actively for the execution of cross-area projects.
- Partner with Product Managers and Engineers to generate ideas and viable solutions.
- Work directly with the engineering teams to implement new features and iterations and ensure quality standards are met.
- Have a keen ability to create work under minimal supervision and package and present solutions to the broader creative team. Quickly and superbly.
- Contribute to creating and maintaining our design system, participate in team critiques and reviews, assist in user research, organize customer events and design workshops.
- Drive yourself and your peers to deliver the best quality of work, pixel-perfect in every way while embracing and encouraging new methods and ways of working.
- Help the organization understand the needs, challenges, and wishes of customers today and in the future.
- Collaborate on project briefs and scoping.
- Improve existing design solutions while also continuing to evolve our brand language.
Remote Compensation Philosophy
Remote’s Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair unbiased compensation and fair pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labour practices and therefore pay a minimum annual salary of USD 40,000 per year, in all locations throughout the world. Actual compensation may vary based upon geographical location, experience, and/or skill level. However, it will never be below our minimum global compensation mentioned.
You can learn more about the benefits we’re offering to all internal employees at Remote by visiting our public Benefits & Perks Handbook page.
- You’ll report to: Head of Design
- Team: Design
- Location: Anywhere in the World
- Start date: As soon as possible
- (async) Profile review
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with future manager
- (async) Small challenge
- (async) Challenge Review
- Interview with team members (no managers present)
- Background Check
- (async) Offer
How to apply
Please fill out the form below. Thank you.