Every day, millions of people rely on WeTransfer to share their creative ideas.
Having made its name in the game of quick and simple file-sharing, WeTransfer has grown into an end-to-end suite of digital solutions with more than 87 million monthly active users in 190 countries. Beyond the WeTransfer.com platform, we have the storytelling platform WePresent, quick slide-making tool Paste, immersive sketching app Paper, and inspiration-capturing tool Collect. We design and deliver delightful experiences that continue to feel obvious and intuitive to millions of people—from our moms to your favorite artists. As a certified B-Corp, WeTransfer aims to be a sustainable and responsible tech company, balancing people, planet, and profit
So, the work we do matters. Come and be a part of it.
You are part of the Finance & Control team with a dedicated focus on Record-to-Report (further: R2R). You will report into the Director Finance & Control. As Manager R2R you review and oversee all accounting activities of WeTransfer’s Record-to-Report Team. You create a high performing team that is willing to go above and beyond.
What you will be doing:
- Own, drive and review monthly close activities
- Train and develop the R2R team (two direct reports) to acts as a high performing team
- Provide honest and candor feedback on journal entries, lead sheets and balance sheets reconciliations to improve the quality of working papers
- Continuously drive for improvement in quality and efficiency in the accounting processes
- Act as the primary point of contact for auditors, banks and other stakeholders
- Ensure high quality input for the monthly Accounting Reporting Deck
- Ensure high quality output that can be shared with both internal and external stakeholders
- Lead ad-hoc projects if necessary
- Ensure we have clearly documented work instructions for the processes in the Record-to-Report Team
- You are responsible to ensure a smooth month end closing within seven working days. Your goal is to minimize the proposed adjustments after the handover meeting.
What you bring to the table:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering financial information
- 1-5 year’s managerial accounting experience in a dynamic multinational environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly motivated with the ability to work independently
- Strategic thinker who can articulate the need for and implement process improvements
WeTransfer is an equal opportunity employer and we pride ourselves on the diversity of our people. We welcome you, and everything that makes you—well, you. That includes your gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, or disability status.
A note on remote
Our work environment is hybrid-remote, meaning that we support our employees to work remotely and in the office. We encourage employees to decide for themselves and with their team whether or when to go to the office.
While it is not necessarily a determining or disqualifying factor for any role, you may be required to complete a standard employment background screening.