Ting Internet is a leading fiber Internet provider in the United States, delivering future-proof internet in more than a dozen cities and towns across the country.
We are rapidly growing our footprint, and looking to new areas of the country in need of crazy fast fiber internet!
As part of Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC), Ting is backed by outstanding resources and talent. We embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and flexibility. We believe that whatever works for our employees is what works best for us.
The work we do genuinely changes lives. If this sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you!
We need a crucial player in our national expansion machine: a Regional Market Development Manager in the Southwestern U.S.
This role will focus on rapidly growing Ting’s networks into cities and towns in targeted southwestern US states. Starting with making inroads with local governments and influential regional stakeholders, the Market Development Manager will be responsible for initiating and progressing discussions externally and internally that lead to Ting’s entry into new markets in the region.
This role is part of the Ting Market Development team, which is an integral driving force in Ting’s growth trajectory. As a new role to support scaling our expansion efforts, the successful candidate will be empowered to take initiative and pioneer the company’s path of growth. You will also work with Ting’s central leadership teams to help expand the Ting brand and operation in the region as the effort progresses.
Our ideal candidate will have a background in business development or account management, and preferably has experience working with governmental entities. An understanding of the construction and operation of fiber networks is a plus. They should also be:
- Successful networker: Have a track record of initiating and progressing discussions to expand the influence and impact of a company, brand or cause.
- Collaborative: Proven track record leveraging internal and/or external resources to expand the Ting brand and presence in the region.
- An expert in process. Someone who can set up and track the process for expansion in each new city.
- Passionate advocate: Ting is redefining the provision of Internet access in the US with an inspiring, exciting brand and expert, adaptable support. Being able to represent the Ting brand as we expand is fundamental to the position.
- A strong decision maker. Someone who understands the business well enough and can negotiate and navigate issues small and large with internal and external stakeholders in order to keep the expansion schedule on track.
We have so much going for us—strong brand, great customer satisfaction, a boldly differentiated offering and a business in hyper-growth. We have a team that is forward-thinking, creative, cooperative and fired up to win. We’re excited to find the right person for this new position to help drive our regional expansion efforts!
- Build plan and timeline for local market expansion
- Identify key local stakeholders, initiate and progress discussions required for Ting to build in jurisdictions
- Work with internal and external partners to proactively address requirements and obstacles to expansion
- Work with cross functional teams to expand the Ting brand and presence in the region
- 5+ years work experience
- Success in business leadership, ideally in hub and spoke organizations
- Individual entrepreneurial orientation
- Comfort with a highly collaborative environment
- Strong process orientation
Want to know more about what we stand for? At Ting and Tucows we care about protecting the open Internet, narrowing digital divide, and supporting fairness and equality.
We also know that diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Learn more about Tucows, our culture and employee benefits on our site here.