R-Zero is the first biosafety technology company dedicated to making the indoor spaces we share safer, healthier and more productive. Founded to meet a once-in-a-generation opportunity to rethink how society approaches health in the built environment, we develop the most effective and innovative technologies to create safer, healthier buildings for all. Combining space utilization sensor technology, AI, ML and IoT connected hardware, R-Zero’s intelligent biosafety platform provides first-of-its-kind visibility, automation and smart risk reduction in the indoor environments where humans spend 90% of their time. Today, R-Zero is emerging as a world-leader in delivering category-defining technology to deliver healthier indoor spaces for all.
We are a fast-growing startup, backed by the world-leading experts at Mayo Clinic and thought-leaders across health, hospitality, sports, commercial real estate and impact sectors – including those who have propelled some of the most transformative tech and innovation in history. DBL Partners, World Innovation Lab (WiL), SOSV, and John Doerr have all invested in our vision for a future that prioritizes health in the built environment.
As we grow our team, we’re looking for candidates who aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo, and are motivated to usher in a better future via better buildings. #LI-Remote
We are looking to find a Manager, Research Projects with a passion for infectious diseases and technological innovations. This role requires outstanding communications skills and a strong ability to understand, develop, and implement scientific processes in the most optimal fashion within the Science team, and in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
This role will help generate data and solutions for important business challenges. This role is a hybrid position located in Salt Lake City, UT. Candidates relocating from out of state will be eligible for relocation assistance.
What youʼll do:
- Play a critical role in the development and implementation of research studies, including protocol development, research application/IRB submissions, day-to-day study operations, tracking study deliverables, and managing all study activities including data.
- Act as a subject matter expert who enables high-quality scientific content development, data accuracy, and completeness on assigned internal projects and external initiatives.
- Assist in dissemination efforts on findings of research activities, including preparation of posters, presentations, case studies, reports and manuscripts. Build strong relationships within the organization, and with research sites, key opinion leaders, IRBs, academic institutions, regulators and others.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned. Responsible for study product procurement, compliance and quality assurance. Oversee research data, trial master files, and management of study databases. Conduct data analyses.
- Ensure adherence to SOPs, the accurate execution of research protocols in accordance with Good Clinical Practices, IRB, and R-Zeroʼs expectations.
What Weʼre Looking For:
- Bachelorʼs degree in Science or related field such as molecular biology, infectious diseases, etc. (MSc or PhD preferred)
- Technical ability to perform microbiological tests and operate bioaerosol sampling equipment preferred, cell sampling experience
- GCP Certificate preferred
- 2+ years of experience in research management of clinical trials. Experience with environmental interventional research would be considered a plus.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and administrative skills to work with minimal supervision.
- Independent, collaborative and able to deliver complex projects in a multifaceted environment with rapid changes in priorities.
This position may require up to 20% domestic travel.
We know that great work comes from great, and inclusive teams. At R-Zero, we specifically look for individuals with diverse strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our customers and mission, while helping us grow as a team and individuals.
You’ll love working at R-Zero because of our:
- High-impact mission and purpose-driven team / culture.
- Competitive salary, startup equity + incentives.
- Excellent healthcare benefits (medical, dental, vision) covered at 100% for employees, with active enrollment eligibility – so coverage starts on day one.
- We’re in the business of improving human health for all, so the health of every employee and their families is key.
- 401(k) program with zero waiting period, so you can start investing in your future on day one.
- Dedication to deep work on Wednesday – no internal meetings, so you can focus on what’s most important.
- Unlimited time off.
- Company-sponsored quarterly meetups to connect as a team.
Perks are nice, but perks aren’t what makes R-Zero an incredible place to work. It’s our mission, team, and the opportunity to move society forward with impact-driven work that does. At R-Zero, we’re building category-defining technology to solve one of society’s greatest challenges, and our work compels us to show up each day for our customers and our teams, while feeling well supported in our benefits.
Tied to our science-based mission focused on health and safety, R-Zero maintains a policy requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Our priority is first and foremost the health and safety of our employees, partners and our community. Please note that R-Zero is an equal opportunity employer and we will comply with applicable law regarding accommodations.