At Urbint, our mission is to make communities more resilient. We do this by pairing external data with artificial intelligence to identify areas of high risk and prevent catastrophic loss for utilities and infrastructure operators across the country. We are a team of close-knit engineers, entrepreneurs, and data geeks who obsess over problem-solving, new technologies, and making a positive impact in our communities.
We build software which assists utilities and infrastructure operators work safely and efficiently. These software solutions combine user-friendly interfaces with large amounts of external data and machine learning models to drive the best possible decisions, while maintaining high security and data privacy standards.
As a Software Engineering Manager you will be responsible for both people management and technical direction, and be a member of the application engineering team. The application team partners closely with product managers, user interface designers, and other engineering teams to develop web applications that drive the workflows and decisions of Urbint’s public utility customers. Urbint’s teams are organized into cross-functional groups that are responsible for particular functional areas.
Our Tech Stack
- React, Next.js, TypeScript, Ionic
- Python, Django, FastAPI, GraphQL
- PostgreSQL, Kafka, Redis
- Docker, Kubernetes, GCP, Terraform
What You’ll Do
- Coach and develop a team of engineers delivering Urbint’s products
- Lead the team toward continuous improvement of code and processes
- Provide technical guidance to the team to help build a modern, performant, and easy to maintain application
- Track and report on OKRs related to software development
- Partner with engineering and product leaders to deeply understand our systems and users
- Work closely with other software engineering leaders to improve recruiting efforts, onboarding, and other engineering wide initiatives
Who You Are
- People management experience, including hiring, coaching, and performance management
- Experience designing, building and maintaining enterprise applications
- Extensive collaboration skills, enabling you to work closely with product, stakeholders, and other engineers to lead development of the best solutions to the largest problems.
- Enthusiastic about supporting and mentoring engineers to not only help them complete their work, but level up their skills along the way.
- Comfort in the face of ambiguous needs and requirements, and the ability to extract clarity
- Able to effectively communicate ideas and concepts within your team, across teams, and throughout the organization, even with non-technical audiences, in both written and verbal forms
- Mission Driven – Some companies use AI to serve better digital ads and trade stocks, we seek to make our communities safer and more resilient
- Top Compensation – Competitive compensation package
- We are 100% Distributed – work from almost anywhere
- Your health matters to us, so we offer 100% employer-paid premium option
- Distributed work monthly stipend
- Office Space Stipend for co-working space expenses
- Wellness reimbursement
- Educational Allowance
- Weekly lunch stipend
Urbint’s Core Values
- Passionate about customers: We strive to deliver sustainable value and exceed expectations, and we’re not satisfied until our customers are raving fans.
- Be decisive: We make timely, informed, and pragmatic decisions to keep the organization moving forward.
- Build trust: Our values are the building blocks to trust. As we live them, we grow and build lasting relationships.
- Focus on impact: We measure and strive to continuously improve our real-world impact.
- Be tenacious: We are agile in our approach to addressing challenges but firm in our beliefs.
- Win together: We efficiently leverage our diverse skills and perspectives for one another, united by our shared vision.