We are looking for a curious and business impact-obsessed problem solver to join our Strategy team. As the Strategy Manager, you will drive clarity and decision-making through innovative and insightful analysis, unlocking value for the entire business. You will be empowered with visibility to the entire organization, which provides a unique vantage point to develop insights that will meaningfully impact Babylist. In a typical day you may extract insights from data, build business cases for new products/features, and work cross-functionally to improve on existing user offerings.
Your greatest strength is taking an idea or a product feature and translating that into how it will materialize and impact our financial model. You thrive in a fast-paced environment, and are motivated by the opportunity to support scaling the business to the next level through quantitative and qualitative insights. You possess exceptional analytical and modeling skills, enjoy solving complex business problems, and have an innate curiosity for the why and how things work.
At Babylist, we help expecting parents get exactly what they need for the arrival of their new baby. Founded in 2011, Babylist is a popular baby gift registry in the US. We serve millions of families every year to help them make the journey to parenthood less overwhelming and more fun. Families can add any item from any store to their registry, including products Babylist directly sells, alongside meaningful gifts like babysitting and meals, which they can’t buy in stores. The baby retail market is underserved and Babylist is well positioned to be the trusted brand that helps new families through this monumental life stage. In the US alone, 4 million babies are born every year and we have over 1.5 million new families signing up to create a baby registry with us annually. This year, 10M loved ones will give the perfect gift using Babylist.
Why You Will Love Working at Babylist:
• We get stuff done
• We have a real impact on people’s lives
• We’re passionate about our users and we genuinely appreciate them
• We work at a sustainable pace for long-term success (yes, we’re profitable)
• We are growing and have meaningful opportunities for career advancement
• We’re a technological and data-driven business
• We believe in autonomy and reward taking initiative
• We have experienced leadership that is always open to new ideas
• Competitive pay
• Competitive health benefits including company-funded medical, dental, and vision
• 401(k), FSA plans, and disability insurance
• Flexible, paid parental leave policy
• Flexibility to work from home and prioritize home life as we navigate the impacts of COVID-19
• Easy access to BART and commuter assistance (when we return to the office)
• We work at a sustainable pace; in general we don’t work late or on weekends, and most employees WFH on Wednesdays
If your experience is close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. Experience comes in many forms – skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.