Yahoo is a global media and tech company that connects people to their passions. We reach nearly 900M people around the world, bringing them closer to what they love—from finance and sports, to shopping, gaming and news—with the trusted products, content and tech that fuel their day. For partners, we provide a full-stack platform for businesses to amplify growth and drive more meaningful connections across advertising, search and media.
The Manager, Technical Accounting role is a part of the Global Technical Accounting team within the Accounting & Reporting function and reports directly to the Director of Technical Accounting. This role is an accounting position specifically focused on accounting policy and maintaining the integrity of the financial statements by ensuring compliance with US GAAP. The role will be participating in determining the accounting for pivotal initiatives, new product offerings, partnerships/joint ventures, M&A and other key drivers of the Company’s future growth. The ideal candidate is diligent, organized, and on top of the details—and knows accounting like the back of their hand.
- Researching accounting issues and preparing accounting documentation/memorandums to ensure compliance with US GAAP.
- Reviewing and providing technical guidance for material transactions and complex accounting issues.
- Supporting implementation of new accounting standards, internal controls, and regulatory items as needed.
- Establishing, maintaining and supporting compliance with company-wide accounting policies for the global organization.
- Assisting management with making critical business decisions by providing the accurate accounting treatment and impact analysis.
- Providing mentorship and support for other finance and business unit initiatives.
- Work with cross-functional teams, including Product, Legal, Tax, Sales, Business Development, HR and FP&A to support both broad corporate and department specific initiatives.
- Accelerating transformation and change, crafting standard methodologies and driving continuous process improvement.
- Supporting quarterly close process and related disclosures.
- Interacting with the Company’s external auditors.
Required Education / Experience / Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- At least 5 years of total experience including 2 or more years of Big 4 (or other nationally recognized public accounting firm) experience. Desirable to also have experience with tech industry or publicly traded companies beyond public accounting experience.
- CPA certification
- Demonstrated strong technical accounting skills and a comprehensive understanding of accounting, GAAP, PCAOB standards and SEC regulations.
- Demonstrated strong analytical, verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated track record of attention to detail, time management and prioritization skills.
- Experience working directly with senior executives and building relationships with numerous diverse groups throughout a large organization.
- Ability to thrive under tight deadlines and high-pressure situations in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
Yahoo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Yahoo is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. If you need accessibility assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please submit a request via the Accommodation Request Form (www.yahooinc.com/careers/contact-us.html) or call 408-336-1409. Requests and calls received for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
At Yahoo, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion (www.yahooinc.com/diversity/) page to learn more.
US Only: Please be aware that Yahoo requires all employees entering a U.S. Yahoo office and/or attending a company event (including client events) are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to obtain and show proof of a vaccination to enter a U.S. Yahoo office and/or attending a company event (including client events). Yahoo is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
The compensation for this position ranges from $90,750.00 – $188,750.00/yr and will vary depending on factors such as your location, skills and experience. The compensation package may also include incentive compensation opportunities in the form of discretionary annual bonus or commissions, in addition to equity incentives. Yahoo provides industry-leading benefits including healthcare, 401K savings plan, company holidays, vacation, sick time, parental leave and an employee assistance program. Eligibility requirements apply.
Yahoo has a high degree of flexibility around employee location and hybrid working. In fact, our flexible-hybrid approach to work is one of the things our employees rave about. Most roles don’t require specific regular patterns of in-person office attendance. If you join Yahoo, you may be asked to attend (or travel to attend) on-site work sessions, team-building, or other in-person events. When these occur, you’ll be given notice to make arrangements.
If you’re curious about how this factors into this role, please discuss with the recruiter.
Currently work for Yahoo? Please apply on our internal career site.