The Video Team is a group of producers, cinematographers, editors, and motion designers at HubSpot and reports into the larger Creative Team. Responsible for production of video to advance the HubSpot brand, the team’s work is watched by millions globally. Located within Marketing, this creative team partners closely with designers, marketers, and producers among others within HubSpot to develop video that ladders up into multiple key strategies and plays.
HubSpot is looking for a Manager for the video team to support our expanding and talented global team. As a video manager, you will be responsible for hiring, training, coaching, and leading a team of new and established editors in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
In this role, you will work closely with Director of Video to manage a team of high-performing editors, to execute and improve video processes and help to better implement solutions driven thinking. As part of our customer success-focused, results-driven organization, you will also be responsible for driving sustainable, long-term customer value from our videos in our educational and brand spaces.
The right person for this role is driven by helping their team achieve incredible results. They are passionate about developing people towards their individual career goals and get immense satisfaction from seeing them grow. They know when to coach and how to identify and solve process road blocks by communicating effectively. They have a focused ability to create inclusive environments where everyone feels valued and enabled to do their best work. They are able to use data-driven insights to surface theories, improve results and meet KPIs as well as surface all types of insights that lead to better workflow, better solutions and better ideas.
In this role, you’ll get to:
Develop the Team
- Foster an inclusive environment for brainstorming, ideation and creating best in class videos
- Work alongside the video management team
- Empower and support a team of hardworking artists across multiple skillsets and career levels
- Be a team advocate, helping team members to identify opportunities to further their careers
- Push the team forward into more visibility
- Conduct one-on-ones and performance reviews with team members to facilitate their ongoing development
- Contribute to our unique global team culture
Deliver Brand Building Video At Scale
- Organize, revise and help enhance pre-existing tools, services, systems and processes for scalability, efficiency and new situations
- Coordinate and inspire cross-functional teams to deliver cutting edge experiences
- Understand the look, feel, and voice of HubSpot to maintain and push forward brand guidelines
Shaping our Video Strategy
- Help push forward our strategic vision and impact when it comes to video at HubSpot
- Help identify, refine and elevate video solutions with internal stakeholders
- Assist in defining, executing and monitoring global campaigns through support of their team
We are looking for people who:
- Have proven success building, motivating and running high-performance video teams
- Are able to empower teammates, cultivate innovative solutions, and enhance team culture
- Experience as a senior level video editor with a variety of production experience and of working in large creative teams preferred
- Experience recruiting, interviewing, and helping to hire technical candidates
- Knowledgeable about creation pipelines, project workflows, video archiving and data management best practices
- Stays abreast of the changing creative landscape and video technologies
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively across teams and departments
- Experience with Marketing and results-oriented environments
Nice to Haves:
- Previous experience managing remote and international team members
- Experience with localization and multi-language video pipelines
- Experience in a consulting role
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work through. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #4 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2021, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot’s Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.