Leap’s mission is to combat climate change by enabling a reliable electric grid that runs on clean energy. The electric grid is transforming from dirty (but predictable) fossil fuels to clean (but less predictable) renewable energy. To do so, the grid needs more flexible demand and supply to help maintain stability and reliability.
Leap plays a crucial role in opening up wholesale energy markets to all distributed energy resources, enabling our partners to get paid for providing flexibility to the grid.
Leap is a privately-held tech company with funding from top VCs and well-known energy entrepreneurs. Our core operations are in the San Francisco Bay Area and Utrecht (NL), but we are a distributed workplace with teammates based in Atlanta, Boston, Boulder, Chicago, Maui, and Washington, DC.
Who are we looking for?
We’d love to meet a strategic and tenacious individual who will be responsible for developing US markets, with a focus on ERCOT. This position will play a key role in the growth of the company.
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Have 3-5 years of experience in policy, wholesale electricity markets, Texas retail electricity markets, utility sales, wholesale natural gas markets, new market entry, and/or working with Distributed Energy Resources.
- Are opportunity-focused and enjoy building client relationships and creating new opportunities.
- Are proficient in policy analysis, market research and assessment, data analysis, and/or wholesale price-risk mitigation.
- Possess excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Have strong analytical and problem-solving skills and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
- Can investigate and synthesize complicated policies and market rules, and effectively communicate key concepts to a variety of stakeholders.
- Are detail-oriented and can manage multiple tasks and/or projects effectively.
- Appreciate an open discussion.
- Enjoy working collaboratively in a team with a diverse group of talented and fun people, but are also perfectly capable of working autonomously.
- Direct experience is definitely a plus, but willingness to learn and innovate is a must.
What will you be working on?
- Identifying, assessing, and prioritizing the most promising new market and product opportunities for Leap’s marketplace for grid flexibility.
- Cultivating relationships and expansion opportunities with Utilities, Retailers, and other buyers of energy.
- Experience with ERCOT, and particularly hedging and/or ancillary services, a plus.
- Working across internal teams, as well as with clients and partners, to achieve market growth success.
- Analyzing policies, tracking and participating in policy proceedings, and advocating for policy that promotes the growth of zero-carbon, flexible resources.
- Tracking market trends and developing strategies to expand Leap’s presence within Texas. Organizing market and product information to provide input to our product/engineering teams to develop our platform.
- Researching and analyzing information about competitors’ products and services to develop a comprehensive understanding of specific competitor activities and their impact on company strategy.
What’s it like to work at Leap?
Product: At our core we are a tech company. We love technical challenges and build things that we are proud of and would like to use ourselves. Everyone is highly involved in building and designing our products, making them extremely valuable and a pleasure to use.
Purpose: Some of us worked in energy before, some of us haven’t. All of us would like to make a difference and do our part in helping the world move towards a more resilient grid run on renewable energy.
Fun: We work hard, but enjoy our time at work as well as outside of work. With the team spread out over multiple time zones we also embraced flexibility early on, and are focused on results instead of time spent in the office.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.