Velir is entering our busy season for Event and Tradeshow planning. We are looking for a Marketing Coordinator Intern to support the planning efforts of the marketing team managing of these events. Coordination includes organizing multiple deliverables and deadlines to ensure events are successful.
Why You Should Join
We strive to provide a sensible working environment that endorses healthy work hours, and we offer flexible remote work options. We have a progressive parental leave policy, offer paid volunteer days, and vacation time is not just encouraged, but celebrated.
We believe that high-performing teams include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other’s assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we actively seek a diverse pool of applicants, including those from historically marginalized groups. If you’re from a background that’s underrepresented in tech, we’d particularly love to meet you.
- Supporting trade shows, conferences, events, and meetings by identifying, coordinating, and assembling requirements, developing assignments and schedules.
- Create, implement, and maintain social media communications and marketing outreach strategies focused on brand awareness and relationship building
Skills & Qualifications
- Excellent communicator both internally and externally, builds credibility easily
- Ability to manage numerous, concurrent tactical responsibilities while not losing site of the bigger strategic picture
- Strong attention to detail and quality
- Able to shift gears and react quickly to timely requests
- Self-motivated with a desire to remain professionally and personally curious; pursues life-long learning
- Able to think creatively and work within a budget
- Highly organized and proactive
- Frequent sitting at a desk performing work on a computer.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Core Company Values
Velir is an established mid-sized agency with a top-tier portfolio of clients, ranging from the world’s largest non-profits to Fortune 500 brands. We pride ourselves on our people-first culture and a low-ego workplace that embraces experimentation, collaboration and continuous improvement. We offer flexible work locations and offer competitive pay and excellent benefits.
- Take the Long View – Ensure the company is built to last
- Be Courageous – Make the right decisions even when they aren’t the easiest decisions
- Be Genuine – Bring honesty and authenticity to all that you do
- Work with Focus + Passion – Display purpose and pride in your work and never stop learning
At this time, Velir does not sponsor candidates and unfortunately cannot accept those on OPT or CPT