We are looking for a marketing-minded Designer-Developer to take ownership of our marketing design and speed up our growth experiments. If you find yourself switching between design tools and a code editor, work well in cross-functional teams, and value contributing to a highly diverse team, we want to hear from you! Gross annual compensation range for the role is €40,000-50,000 plus some great benefits.
- Improve our website experience and create branded assets that drive demand generation.
About Toggl Plan
Toggl Plan is a multicultural and diverse team of 15 people from all around the world.
Our product fosters transparency in work, and we practice what we preach—both internally and externally. We are dedicated towards creating a work atmosphere where it’s natural to be open, honest, evolving, and efficient.
As part of Toggl, we are building a complementary tool to the world-famous time tracker: a visual team calendar that helps project teams to know who’s doing what and when in seconds. We are squarely focused on small-to-medium sized companies, helping them reduce stress when dealing with deadlines, people’s availability, and ever-changing project requirements.
In collaboration with Toggl Track, our goal is to build healthier workplaces by offering teams simple and easy tools to eliminate stress at work.
We believe this role is well-suited for designers who’ve found themselves learning how to code (for whatever reason), or web developers going the other way around. If you’ve built your own website to showcase your slick portfolio, we are probably talking about you.
The core skills required in this role:
- Website design
- Website development (at least working knowledge of Webflow or some other low-code website creator)
- Illustrations (visual asset creation)
You get bonus points for:
- Motion graphic/video editing skills
- An interest in web app design
- Data literacy
Regardless of your specific experience and skillset, we expect the following characteristics and behaviors from you:
- Excellent written communication skills
- Bias to action
- Defaulting to trust and transparency
- Ability to to come up with original ideas and solutions
Who you work with and how
You will join our cross-functional Growth team, which currently includes marketers, customer success specialists, and an engineer. Your day-to-day consists of leading and supporting growth experiments: be it running AB tests on the website, creating illustrations for ad campaigns, or editing product demo videos.
In addition to the growth team members, you will work closely with our Product Designer Eliza and other designers at Toggl to share best practices and align around brand consistency.
We lay out our growth strategy 6 months into the future, pick development projects one 6-week cycle at a time, and execute accordingly while keeping everyone in the loop with thoughtful, asynchronous communication.
You will report directly to Aku, our Product & Operations Lead.
Compensation and benefits
- The gross annual compensation range for this role is 40,000-50,000 EUR
- Freedom to choose when and where you work, as long as you are available a few hours a day between 07:00-15:00 UTC
- 24 days of paid time off a year, plus your local public holidays
- In-person meetups for team-building (expenses covered)
- Laptop and a €2,000 budget to set up your home office
- Reimbursement for co-working space membership or internet service at home
- Monthly reimbursement for wellness services
How to apply and hiring process
- Take a 20-minute online skills test and submit your portfolio. If you’re still reading, just go ahead and give it a go!
After that if all goes well:
- 90 minutes working on a take-home assignment
- Call with Aku (Toggl Plan Product & Operations Lead)
- Paid test week with Toggl Plan team (15-25 hours of asynchronous work over five days, compensation €25/hour)
Are you ready?