We believe in having a transparent hiring process to provide a fair and inclusive experience to all our candidates.
Our team is dedicated to ensuring you have a great candidate experience, and that starts with outlining our hiring process from start to finish so you know what to expect every step of the way (no surprises!)—click here to learn more!
Do you love improving processes, making things more efficient, creative problem solving, and helping others succeed—and do you know how Marketing Operations can do all of that? If you’re looking for a big challenge that holds impactful opportunities—you’ll find that at Thinkific!
We are looking for a broadly skilled, passionate, people-centric operations professional to build improved processes for project management, resourcing, and lead management and routing. As Thinkific’s Marketing Operations Manager, you’ll work hand-in-hand with marketing and sales leaders to improve scalability, information flow, resourcing, and our technology suite. You’ll be embedded within marketing, while working collaboratively with teams across the company. You’re excited to roll your sleeves up and jump in right away to help build new systems, best practices, and documentation to help grow both the B2B and B2C sides of our business.
In this role, you will:
- Lead cross-functional strategic planning with data, tech, and operations teams to ensure roadmap alignment and advocate for marketing prioritization
- Assess the current state of marketing operations, including data management and health, reporting capabilities, MarTech, areas of opportunity, and more. You’ll create needs assessments, set priorities, and plan forward
- Manage and optimize the MarTech stack, owning strategy, selection, integrations, vendor management, team training, platform education, analytics capabilities, and cross-functional alignment
- Partner with the Revenue Ops team to align goals and optimize our marketing-to-sales handoff, including lead scoring, lead data ingestion and routing, demand generation reporting, CRM data health, and more
- Own and manage the process for marketing requests from other departments, including managing resourcing for the Creative team, Identifying opportunities to automate and systematize marketing operations, tackling inefficiencies, and streamlining workflows across the team
- Assist in maintaining and creating internal documentation for processes and programs as needed. You’ll set best practices for our team, organize our filing structures, maintain a live up-to-date index of our key marketing documents, and make information sharing easier across our marketing org
To be successful in this role, you likely:
- Possess 5+ years of experience in marketing operations roles, preferably in a B2B/B2C SaaS environment
- Have worked with a typical SaaS Martech stack, including lead routing technology. You’re probably already familiar with tools like Chili Piper, Drift, Zapier, ActiveCampaign, and Salesforce
- Have experience owning and evaluating improvements to the technology softwares used by the marketing team
- Are a natural leader with a proven track record to influence across multiple functions and ability to bring a team together
- Are analytical and data driven—you use quantitative and qualitative reports and feedback to make informed decisions, identify themes, and create action plans
You might be the person we’re looking for if you:
- Are eager to learn and grow—you’ve likely had some post-secondary education or have equivalent professional experience in a similar role, and you continue to seek opportunities to level up your skills
- Deeply understand marketing and sales operations best practices, workflows, roles, and sales process
- Possess strong organizational skills, with outstanding attention to detail and ability to prioritize effectively
Bonus points if you:
- Are not afraid of change and ambiguity (”Adaptable” is your middle name) — you’ll jump in to help where needed and work to solve problems proactively
- Know how to work smarter, not harder— you’re resourceful and would rather invest time in finding tech-based solutions to automate workflows than to stick to how it’s always been done
We’re about the results of online learning and the people along the way! Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses.
Our mission is no less than to revolutionize the way people learn and earn online by giving them the tools they need to turn their expertise into a sustainable business that impacts both them and their audience. We believe in meaningful, innovative work: we’re building and expanding an incredible product that empowers course creators around the globe while working collaboratively to learn and succeed together. Together, we’ve served over 50,000 course creators and more than 25 million students, and these numbers are growing each day!
Why we think you’ll like working with us: