WHO WE ARE:
ActBlue builds and maintains a powerful online fundraising platform for Democratic campaigns, progressive organizations, and nonprofits working to create a better future. We put power in the hands of small-dollar donors by making it easier for grassroots supporters to make their voices heard and helping thousands of groups — from presidential candidates to environmental organizations — build people-powered movements.
We’re a nonprofit organization, and our team has a big impact on the future of our country. Each and every one of us, from the political activists to the tech innovators to the customer service pros, is fully committed to our mission.
The Communications and Marketing Department is the keeper of ActBlue’s brand and storytelling, managing all external communications, collaborating and assisting with internal communications, and promoting small-dollar fundraising on the left. The Department seeks an experienced Marketing Research Analyst to contribute to this work.
The ActBlue Marketing Research Analyst measures the impact of our brands’ narratives and visual representations based on established user personas and existing company metrics. This person helps identify the long-term value of the ActBlue brands while keeping a pulse on how audience’s behaviors and appetites are shifting.
Our ideal candidate stays up-to-date on both established and emerging industry trends and provides informed performance updates and recommendations to the organization.
The Marketing Research Analyst will report to the Marketing Research Director.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Support Marketing research objectives based on key challenges.
- Help with research study design, execution, and reporting.
- Drive day-to-day analysis and reporting for a long-term brand tracker to quantify the impact of ActBlue marketing efforts over time.
- Measure and report on how various marketing initiatives perform. These include campaigns, various media elements (i.e., print, social, website, events), overall messaging, and creative/design effectiveness for each marketing initiative.
- Query and gather data across multiple platforms — including HubSpot, Google Analytics, social listening, and others — to build stories and reports.
- Monitor nonprofit, fundraising, and technology industry marketing activities to keep the team informed about shifts in trends, positioning, and consumer sentiment.
- Collaborate with ActBlue Outreach and ActBlue Technical Services (ATS) Data and Research departments to assess demographic, geographic, behavioral, psychographic, and attitudinal changes across ActBlue personas.
- Build actionable and data-forward reports that answer key business questions and educate colleagues on best practices in marketing research.
- Provide time-based reporting (i.e., monthly, quarterly, annually) to enable transparency around marketing performance across the organization over time.
- Additional duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, finance, statistics, economics, psychology, marketing, computer science, or related field is required.
- At least 2-4 years of experience manipulating, analyzing, and reporting on a wide variety of data sets.
- Strong quantitative analytics skills with Excel (including graphs and pivot tables), SQL, and data visualization tools required. We’re seeking someone who can transform complex data sets into simple visuals and dashboards.
- Experience in statistical and predictive modeling, regression analysis, and data mining.
- Experience managing third-party research vendors.
- Experience supporting brand marketing initiatives with quantitative and qualitative data.
- Intermediate knowledge of marketing research providers.
- Experience with customer relationship management (CRM)-based analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate ideas and analyses, both verbally and in writing, to a non-technical audience.
LOCATION AND COMPENSATION
This posting is for a full-time, remote, salaried position. ActBlue is currently authorized to support remote work employees in Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Washington D.C., and Wisconsin.
Salary Range: $64,000 – $96,000, depending on experience
- Flexible work schedules and an unlimited time-off policy.
- Fully paid and trans-inclusive health, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families.
- Automatic 2% 401K contribution, plus up to 6% match.
- Three months paid parental leave for all new parents, adoptions included; 4 weeks of a fully paid flexible work schedule; plus an additional one week of paid leave and an additional one week of flexible work schedule for every full year the employee has worked for ActBlue.
- Commuter or home-office benefits, including a $1,000 home-office setup allowance for all new full-time remote employees.
- Additional perks including monthly snack deliveries and digital subscriptions to the Boston Globe & New York Times.
ActBlue is unable to sponsor work visas at this time.
Women, people of color, LGBTQIA2S+ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply. ActBlue is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status.
ActBlue is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the interview and employment process, including using our online system to apply for a position.