Why work at Doximity?
Doximity is transforming the health care industry. Our mission is to help clinicians save time so they can provide better care for patients. We value diversity — in backgrounds and in experiences. Health care is a universal concern, and we need people from all backgrounds to help build the future of health care. For us, transparency is key, so ensuring your goals and values align with ours is also an important step.
The Editorial team is seeking a full-time Medical Illustrator to develop editorial imagery for our news product, DocNews. Please include a link to your portfolio or website with your application.
What you’ll do
- Research and develop medical illustrations and general editorial images to enhance the clinician reader experience
- Help the editorial team with imagery projects and requests
- Create/edit original videos that summarize Op-Med pieces or big health care news stories on our newsfeed
- Build a robust database of health care and biomedical photos, art, and visualizations
- Prepare final images for clinical digests on a weekly editorial calendar, assessing for relevance, quality, and integrity
Characteristics that will help you succeed
- Extensive experience in developing technical and artistic/non-traditional images for use in a diverse range of materials
- Ability to research medical terminology and translate into relevant imagery
- Proficient in the Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Lightroom, After Effects, etc.)
- Degree in medical, biological, or science illustration, biomedical visualization, or equivalent program a plus, but not required
- Prior background in medical publishing, content, or design a plus
- Detail-oriented at your core
- Comfortable incorporating feedback about illustrations and image selection.
- Expert with time-management: you thrive at working independently and can adeptly juggle multiple projects on an editorial calendar
We’re thrilled to be named the Fastest Growing Company in the Bay Area, and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies. Joining Doximity means being part of an incredibly talented and humble team. We work on amazing products that over 70% of US doctors (and over one million healthcare professionals) use to make their busy lives a little easier. We’re driven by the goal of improving inefficiencies in our $3.5 trillion U.S. healthcare system and love creating technology that has a real, meaningful impact on people’s lives. To learn more about our team, culture, and users, check out our careers page, company blog, and engineering blog. We’re growing fast, and there’s plenty of opportunities for you to make an impact—join us!
Doximity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.