Chronosphere is the provider of the only observability platform that puts engineering organizations back in control by taming rampant data growth and cloud-native complexity, delivering increased business confidence. Teams at startups to well-known global brands in the Fortune 500 around the world trust Chronosphere to help them operate scalable, highly available and resilient applications.
Chronosphere is looking for trailblazers who are experts in their space and are passionate about creating meaningful solutions for engineers and digital businesses.
Chronosphere is a series C startup with more than $343M in funding and a $1B+ valuation. We’re a remote-first company, backed by Greylock, Lux Capital, General Atlantic, Addition and Founders Fund.
About the role
We’re looking for an Infrastructure Engineer who will help ensure all components in our platform are optimized and battle-tested, so we can push our resources as far as they can go. This person also has a passion for developing internal tools and platforms simple and easy to use, to better improve developer productivity throughout the company, including your own.
- You will work on solving complex distributed systems problems at the largest scales in the world
- Working on the core time series database, the ingestion and aggregation pipeline
- You will also assist to query and alerting engines, every component of the system needs to scale beyond the largest known production use cases that exist today
- You will help to make our infrastructure and architecture scale to meet the needs of the platform, and most importantly, solve the needs of engineers and companies using our platform.
- Use Go to build highly scalable and reliable distributed systems
- Build on top of our architecture stack using Kubernetes, GCP, AWS and Azure
- Operate large-scale distributed systems at scale
What you will achieve
In your first 30 days, you will become an integrated member of our team. We believe that it’s essential for you to take this first month to become familiar with our technology and our company.
After 3 months, you will be fully integrated into the team and comfortable working on backend projects. You will be an integral part of projects and working cross functionally with our M3 and Platform teams.
- The ability to independently own projects from inception to delivery (i.e. plan and gather requirements, collaborate with Product)
- Pre-existing experience on how to build high scale systems and experience with building sophisticated application services
- A passion for growing and up-leveling your peers, and have pre-existing mentoring experience and a nuanced view around how to help junior engineers grow
- Ability to manage time and focus on the critical path of a project
- Experience with Go or C++, Java, C#, Rust
- Experience developing and or operating distributed systems at scale
- Experience with monitoring and alerting
- Experience with Linux and open source communities
Reporting to Mantas Klasavicius, Head of Engineering, Europe
- Health Insurance Coverage
- Free Lunches
- Unlimited Vacation Time
- Competitive Salary
- Stock Options
- And More
Chronosphere is an equal opportunity employer. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t line up exactly with the job description. Your skills, passion, and desire to make a difference will stand out. At Chronosphere, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren’t afraid to challenge the standard. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org