Alignable is North America’s largest small business network with over 6.5 million businesses in 30,000+ communities. Interacting with their local communities or nationally-recognized industry peers, our small business owners drive customer referrals, business opportunities, and helpful conversations on the Alignable business network.
Small businesses give our communities character– generating local jobs and supporting local causes. They’re the beating heart of the global economy representing 50% of GDP and 65% of all new jobs. Their owners are creators, risk-takers, and, always, problem-solvers. They’re under-resourced, yet undeterred. We want to give back to these small business owners.
Our mission is to support their ongoing success by providing recommended resources, highly-rated tools, and an engaged, supportive peer network – it’s a difference our members experience every day. Whether it’s hearing from a fellow business owner who’s overcome a similar problem, reading a credible opinion on a vendor, or sourcing great ideas to grow sales, Alignable members can count on each other for empathetic, pragmatic advice.
If you want to empower the small business owner through a social media network unlike any other, let’s talk.
Led by start-up veterans from Invisalign, Constant Contact, PayPal, and Wayfair, we’ve gone from ZER-O to IPO, turning promising ideas into enduring businesses that have transformed the digital landscape. We’re eager to repeat this success.
Advocacy and Encouragement. They make our online communities great, but they also make Alignable a great place to work IRL. Our culture is dynamic, supportive, and offers tremendous opportunities to grow your career together with the business. We offer autonomy, ownership, mentoring, and flexibility. Every one of our employees and co-ops can directly point to how they’ve made a major impact on the business.
Headquartered in Boston, Alignable launched in 2014 and is venture-backed by Mayfield fund, Recruit Strategic Partners, Saturn Partners, NextView Ventures, Lead Edge Capital, and KIC ventures.
About the Member Success Team
Alignable’s Member Success team is responsible for understanding the needs and struggles of small businesses and advocating for those needs across the organization resulting in real changes in the product.
About the Role
We are looking for a Member Success & Community Marketer who is passionate about helping small businesses be successful. As a key member of the Marketing and Member Success team, you will help us ensure that Alignable delivers an engaging and safe experience to our customers and members. You will talk to users, understand what they see value in, and help them see that value on Alignable. You will identify opportunities to improve the customer experience and look for ways to improve current processes and increase overall operational efficiency. You’ll work closely with our Head of Member Success, as well as, Product Managers, Marketing Managers, and Engineering team members on a daily basis.
A day in the life of our Member Success & Community Marketer:
- Get to know what makes our users tick, what they need, what they see value in, and advocate for them across the organization.
- Work cross-functionally with product, marketing, and engineering teams to help inform product and business strategy based on user behavior
- Reduce friction and improve user retention by helping ensure users see value in their home and other content feeds across Alignable.
- Implement educational campaigns to help users create better content that can help them generate more visibility for their businesses.
- Identify and analyze issues, patterns, and trends in user behavior via member-generated content that are a threat to the network’s safety and security.
- Help build, manage and enforce Alignable’s community guidelines and policies surrounding member-generated content
About you, and the skills you’ll need:
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration with concentrations in either business, management, entrepreneurship, marketing, communications, finance, or other related fields.
- Relevant work experience helping build businesses, startups, or projects from the ground up or working in marketing, business, finance, or operational roles, internships, or co-ops.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- You have customer empathy in your DNA
- You love solving problems through rapid testing, failing fast, and using data, and asking a lot of questions.
- You can easily adapt to fast pace and constantly changing environments
- You are an independent thinker constantly on the lookout for faster and better ways
Bonus Skills & Knowledge
- Knowledge and experience with Excel/Google Sheets with an understanding of VLOOKUPS and Pivot Tables.
- Have used Notion, Airtable, Amplitude, Looker, or Full-Story in the past.
- Experience working with small businesses and helping them succeed.