Merchandise Planner II
Babylist is seeking a Merchandise Planner to join our growing E-Commerce team. As the Merchandise Planner, you will ensure our Babylist store inventory is available and assist with the planning of a highly curated assortment of baby apparel and gear. You are an analytical thinker who is passionate and excited about joining a fast-growing e-commerce business.
What You’ll Do
- Responsible for sales, gross margin, stock, and inventory turn goals for multiple categories within a division
- Participate in monthly Open to Buy activities for the division, incorporating current trends and future expectations to maximize opportunities and mitigate risks. Presents forecast and action plans to E-commerce team
- Review weekly sales performance, produce actionable insights, and pivot priorities as necessary
- Forecast category/brand/SKU demand and optimize inventory and flow plans to maintain desired stock levels
- Create comprehensive quarterly hindsight reporting and recommend go-forward business strategies
- Lead pre-season inventory strategy for your categories to create tops down and bottoms up plans based on assortment strategies
- Partner with Merchandising team to develop future product and inventory strategies
- Partner with key suppliers to ensure optimal inventory levels and provide forecasts as needed
- Focus on top volume/top registered SKUs to maximize revenue, in-stocks, and ensure a great experience for our users and customers
- Manage beginning to end order pipeline of goods and negotiate flow requirements with vendors.
- Coordinate with the Operations team to ensure prompt deliveries and appropriate inbound flow planning.
- Track out-of-stock or discontinued items with vendors and communicate to internal stakeholders.
- Partner with Finance to reconcile vendor payments and invoicing as needed
- Recommend system, tool, and process improvement to drive efficiency
- Strategize new business process to drive financial goals and strategies
What You’ve Done
- You have 2-4 years in an inventory planning role
- You have been a key player in driving, defining, and executing to pre-season strategy
- You are able to navigate complex issues where analysis of situations requires data and an in-depth evaluation of multiple variable factors
- You have strong analytical skills and can interpret meaningful themes and trends from quantitative data.
- You are a pro with inventory planning concepts, retail math, and best practices.
- You are an Excel wizard, who can manipulate and analyze data to come up with actionable insights.
- You are flexible and can adapt to changing priorities. You are able to find efficiencies and improvements to make existing processes more successful.
- You have strong communication skills and can work effectively with the entire team including merchandising, operations, and customer service
- You have a passion for e-commerce. You can be scrappy and are comfortable wearing many hats.
- You thrive in a fast-paced high growth environment
- You have a four-year college degree or equivalent
At Babylist, we help expecting parents get exactly what they need for the arrival of their new baby. Founded in 2011, Babylist is a popular baby registry in the US. We serve millions of families every year to help them make the journey to parenthood less overwhelming and more fun. Families can add any item from any store, including products Babylist directly sells, to their registry, alongside meaningful gifts like babysitting and meals they can’t buy in stores. We have built a trust with parents all throughout the U.S. as their go to partner in planning for their new baby. Each month, millions of gifts are given from the platform by 700k+ loved ones.
The baby retail market is underserved and Babylist is well positioned to be the single iconic and trusted brand that helps new families through this monumental life stage. In the US alone, 4 million babies are born every year and we have over 1.5 million new families signing up to create a baby registry yearly. And with robust data analytics and business insights behind our core registry product, Babylist has seen 100% growth over the past 4 years. We have sustained profitability and are ready to grow the business.
Babylist’s headquarters are in Oakland, CA.
Why You Will Love Working at Babylist:
* We have a real impact on people’s lives
* We’re passionate about our users and we genuinely appreciate them
* We work at a sustainable pace for long-term success (yes, we’re profitable)
*We are growing and have meaningful opportunities for career advancement
* We’re a best-in-class technology and data-driven business
* We believe in autonomy and reward taking initiative
* We have smart, experienced leadership that is always open to new ideas
* Competitive pay
* 401(k), FSA plans and disability insurance
* Flexible, paid fully paid parental leave policy
* We work at a sustainable pace. In general we don’t work late or on weekends and most employees WFH every Wednesday.
If your experience is close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. Experience comes in many forms – skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.