Who we are:
Pixel Union and Out of the Sandbox are leading designers of premium themes and apps for the Shopify ecommerce platform. We’re focused on helping our merchants — entrepreneurs, innovators, brands, and businesses large and small — succeed by providing them with the world’s best digital products, backed by exceptional customer support.
We are a team of 90+ across all departments, with headquarters in Victoria, BC, and remote team members distributed across Canada and beyond.
About the role:
Pixel Union is looking for a Merchant Success Agent. Our Success team is here to make sure our merchants are getting the most out of our products, which then improves our internal metrics for retention and lifetime value. If you have a passion for content creation, data analysis, product advocacy, and problem-solving, we’d like to hear from you!
We are a small and nimble team that balances daily tasks with ever-changing projects based on the current needs of our team and our merchants. We work closely with Marketing, Support, and Product to both advocate for our merchant’s needs and to find gaps that we can fill with new resources. Success in the role requires a creative mindset, strong communication skills, and mastery in time management.
As a Pixel Union Success Agent, you’ll…
- Assess gaps that require improved education and resources, to then create articles, automated emails, course material, product demos, video content and more!
- Find ways to build relationships with merchants through a variety of touch levels like automated content or personal outreach
- Write, edit, and publish articles, automated emails, course material, webinars, and more!
- Analyze the results of our work and find ways to improve and iterate to meet the team and company-wide KPI’s
- Manage projects and deadlines while juggling day to day responsibilities
- Communicate with all teams to understand new features, improvements, and pain points— then find creative solutions to address them
- Handle daily presale inquiries to help make sure merchants are finding the right fit for their needs
- An understanding of sales and marketing to help advise merchants on how to best use our products and services
- Strong writing and editing skills. Including experience writing one-to-one emails and one-to-many resources
- A passion for education, problem-solving, attention to detail, and results
- Experience in managing and maintaining content through iterations, product updates and improvements
If you have these skills that’s a huge plus!
- A background using Shopify with an emphasis on Themes and Apps
- Video creation and editing to create well-rounded resources for our merchants
- Experience running your own online business
- Familiarity with Customer Success metrics and concepts like churn, retention, and lifetime value
Please include a cover letter with your application – we’d love to better understand your background and experiences. We value diverse perspectives and believe that skills are transferable! As we’re growing our team, we want to find the skills and viewpoints that compliment us.
We are a company built on creativity, teamwork, and employee well-being. We trust our team members and encourage them to design their work schedules so that they can get the most out of their day. We value challenging ourselves and others to ask questions that uncover better solutions for the future, and we get joy from being around fun, communication-focused folks who want to make a difference at their work!
Some of our perks include:
- Flexible work schedule and remote-friendly culture and systems
- Providing company hardware and software
- Competitive base salary
- Opportunity for growth as the company grows
- Exposure and learning across teams and services
- Health benefits and RRSP matching
- Company-sponsored wellness allowance
- Generous vacation policy
We bring passion and energy to our work, and believe that work should be rewarding, interesting, and come at a sustainable pace. Our team members can be found across Canada, the U.S. and the UK, and are well-adapted to working from home and the remote lifestyle. As long as you have a strong internet connection, you’ll be all set to join this dynamic team!
Please note that we will be filling this position within Canada. We look forward to hearing from you!
We thank all who show interest. Only those shortlisted will be contacted.