This is a remote position and can be located anywhere in Canada
AS THE WORLD MOVES TO FHIR, THERE ARE PLENTY OF REASONS TO SMILE
Smarter decisions, fewer barriers, and better incentives are just the beginning. Smile CDR makes it easy for healthcare stakeholders to collect and exchange data with our leading FHIR-based data liberation platform.
We reduce barriers between information and care for those who deliver or consume health services and products and whose roles or care are hindered by fractured, inaccessible or complex information systems.
Let’s make a difference!
BE PART OF THE TEAM WORKING TOWARDS #BETTERGLOBALHEALTH
As a Mergers and Acquisitions Specialist, you will oversee the success of merger and acquisition opportunities to support the business’s long-term growth. This includes actively contributing to the execution of all merger and acquisitions processes, from initial sourcing and discussions to closure and will involve the management of daily activities of the acquisition, divestiture, merger or financing assignments. This includes developing and reviewing financial models within broadly defined guidelines and synthesizing research information such as comparable company and precedent transactions for modelling, competitive analysis, industry analysis, negotiation support, and various other applications.
- Provide guidance and support in identifying and exploring potential new business.
- Evaluate the quality of prospective acquisitions.
- Conduct detailed financial analysis and business valuations, building valuation models to determine the price and structure of potential offers.
- Support the preparation of first drafts of pitches, marketing materials, management presentations, and client presentations.
- Prepare valuation reports for tax and financial reporting purposes (including purchase price allocation analysis and valuations for tax purposes).
- Perform project management and administrative activities supporting engagements, including independence compliance documentation, engagement agreements, time budgets, and billings.
- Manage the preparation of investment memorandums, discussing the investment rationale and strategy for the business post-closing.
- Anticipate potential deal issues and pass concerns through to team members in real-time.
- Develop a target operating model to outline how the merged company will operate post-transaction.
- Lead financial and operational due diligence.
- Manage due diligence activities of cross-functional teams, including specialists in human resources, research and development and finance, and accessing external legal expertise as needed.
- Manage the due diligence processes, working closely with various internal (i.e., HR, Finance) and external teams (i.e., legal counsel).
- Provide strategic advice to the management team on the Integration Risk.
- Set up and manage an Integration Management Team.
- Develop detailed integration plans.
- Actively participating in negotiating key transaction commercial terms.
- Draft deal documents, negotiate and draft letters of intent, and help negotiate final purchase agreements.
- Responsible for creating a roadmap to represent the planned work across the project.
- Tying the project to the company goals.
- Work directly with the Executive leadership team to ensure smooth execution of the M&A activities across the organization.
- Support the CFO with deal relationships.
- Engaging with acquisition targets’ shareholders, executives and financial advisors as required. Fostering effective dialogue with HR, Finance and Accounting staff to facilitate processes.
- Lead the integration of newly acquired businesses and the tracking of post-closing performance.
- Oversee and conduct daily meetings and reviews, presenting metrics, and documenting follow-ups with businesses.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Finance/Accounting and related major with a CPA/CFA certification, MBA is an asset.
- 10+ years of M&A and Management Consulting experience focused on mergers and acquisitions within a professional services firm or similar environment.
- Experience in providing technical advice across all business functions and executing complex transaction project engagements.
- 2+ years of direct experience in a similar role, corporate finance, or M&A activity.
- Experience in the full cycle of M&A deals, including valuation, negotiation, due diligence (financial and operational), and integration.
- Exceptional leadership, time management, facilitation, and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the confidence and polish to speak with senior executives and external professional advisors.
- Strong initiative to work independently.
- Advance Excel and technical skills (e.g., financial analysis, modelling, and report writing).
- Detail-oriented and the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines.
- Proven business acumen.
- A strong understanding of technology and the software industry is an asset.
- Conduct interactions with a high level of integrity and trust.
Smile CDR’s core values are respecting, embracing our differences, and celebrating our shared values. Our people are the foundation of our success, and we remain dedicated to building diverse and inclusive teams. We welcome and encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Please let us know if you require accommodations or have questions during the application process.