☀️ Highlights ☀️
- Chameleon is SaaS for product teams to create in-product UX (modals, banners, checklists, microsurveys etc.) to drive user engagement. Watch a short demo here.
- We’re a remote-first, Series A startup with ~35 team members, distributed across the Americas and Europe. Learn more about our team, company, and culture here.
- Looking for a Mid-Market Account Executive with 2+ years experience selling $15-50k/year B2B SaaS to mid-market companies (preferably semi-technical buyers)
- Other benefits include uncapped commission structure, Macbook, home office budget, company offsite, open vacation policy, for US-based employees: health insurance and 401k
The Mid-Market Account Executive role
Why now is a great time to join Chameleon! 🦎
You would be joining a team that has found its groove and is excited about scaling, and a product that has customer love, but with tons of potential to transform how SaaS works.
Our customers (read case studies here) find a lot of value in what we offer; we have a high win rate in the market and a great retention and upsell rate.
We’re a team of ~35 and we have two great AEs in our budding sales team. It’s a great chance to join at the ground level and shape the future of the company, and accelerate your career.
🌊 Learn more about our team, culture, and vision in our company page.
What you will do specifically
- Run our consultative sales process (avg. ~2 month cycle) from discovery call to agreement signature and kick-off
- Become an expert on Chameleon and our space (product-led growth, self-serve UX, SaaS) including use cases, best practices, competitive field, common objections etc.
- Send compelling emails to leads to nurture opportunities and book calls (We do have SDR capacity to focus on booking discovery calls, but expect AEs to send nurture emails, campaigns, and run discovery calls.)
- Showcase our product and specific features on calls, videos, emails, and answer deep questions in a thoughtful, consultative, and knowledgeable manner
- Manage commercials process, including liaising with our legal team and others to agree price points, and obtain signatures
- Improve our sales materials, such as decks, one-pagers, wiki etc. in collaboration with the wider team (marketing, ops, product etc.)
- Build our sales process and function to be more efficient and successful with ongoing scrutiny and constructive ideas
Learn more about Devin’s journey on the sales team below:
Skills and experience that will aid success in this role
- 4+ years experience in AE role (prospecting and closing) selling $15-50k ACV SaaS deals to mid-market (100-1000 employees) companies Preferably working with semi-technical buyers, ideally product teams
- 1+ years working at a SaaS startup (<50 employees)
- Excellent listening skills and ability to react intelligently based on what you hear
- Fast learner and expects a steep career trajectory
- Strong interest in product, UX, SaaS
- Interest in and aptitude for understanding technical topics (e.g. knowledge of front-end frameworks, data flows, DOM structure, CSS attributes, APIs etc.)
- Hates fluff and “sales tactics” — we bring a consultative, intelligent, informed culture to sales, not a brute-force or pushy approach.
- You have a fully functioning workstation and a quiet place to work (and take calls) with a high-speed internet connection
- You live in an Americas or European timezone (i.e. based in 🇨🇦 🇲🇽 🇧🇷 🇨🇱 🇬🇧 🇫🇮 🇵🇹 🇪🇺 etc.)
- This is your single full-time job (it won’t be part-time, hourly, temporary etc.)
- Fluency (written and verbal) in English
Mikka (previous applicant) wrote to us and said: “I just wanted to say thank you for creating a unique and thoughtful application process. Far too often it feels like a company isn’t all that concerned with who they’re hiring as much as they are the bottom line but in your process, I feel as though I really got to show you who I am, demonstrate my ability, and gain a clear understanding of the work I am applying for.”
<aside> 🌈 Chameleons are all different and uniquely beautiful. They change and aren’t required to associate or identify with any specific labels. We welcome the chance to get to know you and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive team that consists of a variety of backgrounds, cultures, languages, experiences, preferences, and characteristics. That’s what helps us all grow and evolve.
Key milestones 🛣️
We expect this process to take 2-4 weeks:
- Fill out our application form below This won’t look like others; it won’t be tedious and robotic, but will engage you in similar ways as the job. It will also mean we can more quickly get back to you if we are moving forward.
- First interview Discuss your questions and application, and start to get to know each other. During this call, you may ask any questions you have for us 🙃
- Take-home exercise Short exercise (~2 hours in total) where we collaborate; shows us both what it might be like to work as part of the Chameleon team
- Second interview If we’re impressed with your exercise, we’ll schedule a second call to debrief the exercise, meet other members of the Chameleon team and ask any final questions.
Offer 🎉 We’ll give you a call to provide you details of your offer and hopefully agree your start date!