$65000 – $150000 / year
About the Company
Arcules is changing the video surveillance market and moving customers to a smarter, more reliable cloud-based solution. Our company is a technology spin-out of Canon Inc. and has seed technology from the Milestone Systems video surveillance division. We are targeting mid-market enterprises looking to interconnect their business locations. Our technology brings video and smart building elements together and our analytics help customers make more informed decisions. Our go-to-market strategy leverages systems integration companies to get our solutions to end customers.
Arcules offers excellent benefits, including top-tier PPO and HMO medical plans, four weeks of vacation, three weeks of sick leave and a 401(k) plan after three months of employment (4% company match).
Overview of the Job
We are looking for a Mobile Developer with a passion and expertise for iOS systems. This role will be the expert senior resource covering mobile engineering functions across multiple teams and ensure that the Arcules solution will have a modern, elegant and awesome user experience while keeping the technical solution scalable, maintainable and reliable. This person will also lead and mentor mobile engineers, consult and collaborate with other principal engineers to influence or drive mobile technical and architectural decisions and roadmap
- The job requires leadership skills (5%) to evangelize core competencies and establish mobile app best practices within the company. The job also requires strong development skills (95%) to engineer the mobile video applications using a cloud-based and device-based infrastructure.
- Design and build advanced applications for iOS (Swift & Objective C)
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability and general reliability.
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design and ship new features.
- Leverage best practices to create highly optimized, scalable and reusable code.
- Develop prototypes to communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Investigate state-of-the-art technologies in mobile technologies. Determine their possible use in high-quality automatic video surveillance scenarios.
- Must have expertise in Swift or Objective-C for iOS
- Must have experience with iOS Application development in an Enterprise SaaS environment with a strong understanding of microservices architectures, patterns and practices (preferably working with backend using Docker, Kubernetes, Google Cloud platform)
- Must have experience with HTTP protocol, REST, WebSocket, SSE and other web technologies
- Prior experience with mobile accessibility and mobile app security standards is a big plus
- Crash and performance testing experience
- B.S. in computer engineering or science with software development experience with a track record delivering technically complex enterprise services
- Experience building and deploying mobile technology and corresponding infrastructure components and building blocks
- Experience with public cloud services
- Excellent communication & strong leadership skills
- Strong operational execution with ability to build and manage strong cross-group relationships; ability to collaborate with others
- Self-motivated and driven researcher or software engineer who takes pride in delivering high-quality work
- Ability to multitask, solve problems of moderate scope, exercise latitude in determining technical objectives of assignments
- Curious and with a desire to maintain and extend broad technical knowledge while understanding the importance of creating high customer value
- Agile oriented in approach to engineering, including being comfortable with ambiguity in a flat organization.
- Believe in a quick improvement approach: fail fast, learn fast, improve fast – if it works, keep it, otherwise dump it
- Design and build advanced applications for the Android (Java) platform is nice to have
- Believe in documentation when and where needed, not always and not never