Please do not apply for this role if you are not physically located in Europe, Africa or the Middle East (UTC-1 to UTC+3). While this is a remote position, we can not consider candidates that are not based in these regions. You can find a detailed explanation in our Recruitment FAQs.
At Hotjar we’re on a mission to build the leading user feedback and analytics platform, with our product being used by over 915,000 users in 190 countries. As part of our Business Intelligence team, you will make data-driven recommendations on strategy and keep a finger on the pulse of our business.
We work in an agile and highly collaborative environment, 100% remotely, and challenge the norms of traditional business leadership. Our focus is on true transparency and respect.
We’re looking for someone who loves to turn data into insights and communicate findings fearlessly. You want to help teams make data-informed decisions and take data-informed actions, you have a curious mindset, and you are motivated to understand our business better.
- be the gatekeeper for financial data within the Data ‘n’ Analytic team
- Work close to product squads, data engineering, and growth analytics teams as well as Finance/FP&A to ensure all financial information is properly recorded, propagated and correlated.
- own MRR and revenue reporting on behalf of the DnA team
- Support Finance and FP&A with financial modeling and scenario planning
- Be part of the transition between an old and new payments system and ensure data reliability between the migration
- Ensure “clean” and trusted financial data are available and valuable.
- Build data models to accelerate the business and feed the team’s hunger for actionable insights
- Assist our teams in defining, tracking, and optimizing processes, tools, and dashboards for better planning and management of the business
- Help analyze the effectiveness of new solutions to inform whether to double down, pivot, or eliminate a new feature or process
- Select and integrate new technologies to promote better segmentation and attribution
- Experience in business intelligence, analytics, data science, finance/FP&A or a directly related field – some of which is in a technology environment
- Excellent SQL skills.
- Fluency with analytics and BI/visualization tools such as Tableau, DataStudio
- Deep knowledge of Google Spreadsheets/Excel
- An excellent understanding of SaaS business models and essential metrics
- Experience with financial data and reporting
- Critical-reasoning skills, including the understanding of common pitfalls of data analysis
- A desire to work in a respectful, transparent, and transparent work environment, following Hotjar’s company values, culture and ways of working
- Must submit to a background check confidentially processed by our third-party
- Experience with building predictive data models to provide deeper insights
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets
The compensation range for a team member in this role is €55,000 to €75,000 annually where the average offer will fall in the range of €60,000 to €70,000. Our ranges are established after performing market research but the specific compensation amount of the offer will be determined based on relative experience, skills, and equity across the team. We encourage all candidates to read our Recruitment FAQs to further understand our approach to compensation and how we structure our contracts.
In addition to the monetary compensation, we provide all team members with an assortment of unique and popular perks valued at more than €10,000 a year, plus stock options and 40 days of vacation. These have been chosen to reflect our values and ideals, be it encouraging constant learning with our Personal Development Budget, a great work/life balance with the annual leave and Holiday Budget, or a happy, healthy team with our Wellbeing Budget.
Hotjar pledges to be a harassment-free and discrimination-free company, committed to equal opportunity. We believe people from different backgrounds, with different identities and experiences, make our product, and our company, better.