Mynd is a full-stack tech-enabled real estate management company serving the $86-billion-plus rental (SFR) sector. Headquartered in Oakland, Calif., Mynd was named the #1 fastest-growing private company in the Bay Area by the San Francisco Business Times in 2020. Beyond just property management, Mynd also helps both retail and institutional investors with buying and selling, financing, insurance, and more. With proprietary technology and real time data, Mynd enables efficient operations at scale and has allowed for rapid market expansion into 24 markets. Mynd has a mission to create happy homes and healthy investments.
We are looking to grow our Product Design team with a passionate and well-rounded UX/UI designer that can help with all aspects of the design process.
The position will involve doing UI design within Figma, as well as conducing research & interviews, prototyping websites and mobile apps and analyzing data to solve complex design problems.
Find out more about Mynd:
Salary: $90,000-$100,000 USD
What You’ll Do
- Use your artistic eye and good taste to design beautiful and usable UI components that will take our interface to the next level
- Use your analytical mind and intelligence to discover how to improve the user experience for everyone using our platform and apps
- Work in Figma to update and improve our shared Component Library
- Communicate with Product Managers and Engineers to make sure all the designs are implemented to specifications
- Participate in internal design critiques
- Conduct usability testing and user research with our stakeholders
- Document all UI components and UX behaviour in our nascent Design System that you will have a hand in building
What’ll Get Your Foot in the Door
- 5+ years of experience in UX/UI design
- Mastery in Figma preferred, but if you’re an expert in Sketch or Adobe XD, that works as well
- Experience working on complex SaaS products
- A plus if you’re good in icon design and illustration
- We are using Jira and Notion to manage our products, so if you’ve worked with those platforms before, it’ll be easier
- We’d love to review a detailed portfolio of your work, especially if it includes some UX examples that describe the thought processes behind the design decisions involved (user-flow diagrams, stakeholder interviews, etc..)
- Fluent in English
- This is a remote position, but our office is in Oakland, California, so you should be available to work during North American business hours (at least part of the week)