About Wurl, LLC.
Wurl’s is a global streaming network. Our B2B services provide streamers, content companies, and advertisers with a powerful, integrated network to distribute and monetize streaming television reaching hundreds of million of connected televisions in over 50 countries. This year Wurl was acquired by AppLovin (Nasdaq: APP), an industry-leading mobile marketing ad tech company, bringing together the technology and innovation of the mobile and television industries. With the merger, Wurl employees enjoy the best of both worlds: the dynamic environment of a 160+ person start-up and the stability of a high-growth public tech company.
Wurl is a fully-remote company that has been recognized for the second year in a row as a Great Place to Work. Wurl invests in providing a culture that fosters passion, drives excellence, and encourages collaboration to drive innovation. We hire the world’s best to build a bunch of cool stuff on an interface fully integrated with their own from streaming, advertising and software technology to continue to help us disrupt the way the world watches television.
NOC Engineer (Remote, US):
Reporting to the Senior Manager, NOC, this role will help establish and operate network systems to ensure stability across all of Wurl’s services. This role requires someone who is a self-starter, has a good understanding of video workflow and has experience working in a network operating center that supports 24/7 services.
Wurl is growing very rapidly, so if starting a brand new team at a high velocity is something that excites you, this is the perfect role. Not only is Wurl expanding exponentially, we’re at the cutting edge of the FAST space. So this role will be full of opportunities to sharpen your skills while continuing to push the envelope in the video space.
What You’ll Do:
- You will monitor, analyze, troubleshoot, and implement corrective actions of end-to-end video delivery systems for our client
- Maintain and manage the knowledge articles and database
- Collaborate on developing new automations, alarms, dashboards
- Respond and take necessary troubleshooting actions to incidents escalated
- Perform advanced troubleshooting on incidents meeting to the stipulated SLA levels
- Liaise and coordinate with team members to provide resolutions
- Handling backlog tickets from previous shift and made sure the necessary follow ups done
- Develop postmortem reports as necessary
- Build a strong technical understanding of our products
- Triage and escalate appropriately as necessary
- Notify Support in the event of an incident and/or maintenance activity
- Execution of service validations after maintenance window
- This position will require on-call shifts and weekend shifts.
- Perform problem management and develop postmortem reports in coordination with other departments
- 2 years experience at a network operating center in the digital video delivery space
- Knowledge and operational use of video/network alerting systems with troubleshooting and resolution experience.
- Experience in troubleshooting, analyzing and implementing corrective actions of video delivery systems.
- Knowledge of transcoding, video streaming file formats and video codecs
- Strong understanding of 24/7 linear delivery formats
- Good understanding of NOC monitoring tools and event handling
- Good understanding of video networking technologies
- Must be willing to work in shifts, 24 x 7 operations
- Ability to read and understand metrics on monitoring dashboards related to Ad Performance, CDN performance, HLS errors, etc.
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary & Equity
- Strong Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits, 90% paid by Wurl
- Remote first policy
- Flexible Time Off
- 12 US Holidays
- 401(k) Matching
- Pre-Tax Savings Plans, HSA & FSA
- Ginger, Aaptiv and Headspace subscriptions for mental and physical wellness
- OneMedical subscription for 24/7 convenient medical care
- Paid Maternity and Parental Leave for all family additions
- Discounted PetPlan and easy at home access to Covid testing with empowerDX
- $1k Work From Home Stipend to set up your Office
Few companies allow you to thrive like you will at Wurl. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with the industry’s brightest minds and most innovative thinkers. You will enjoy ongoing mentorship, team collaboration and you will understand what we mean by ‘human connection”. You will be proud to say you’re a part of the company revolutionizing TV.
At Wurl, we value work-life harmony and believe that family and mental health should always come first. Our team is fiercely passionate and contagiously enthusiastic about what we are building. While we are seeking those who know our industry, there is no perfect candidate and we want to encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all requirements.