We acknowledge that Bench headquarters is located on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the Coast Salish Peoples, including the territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
Our mission is to make a profound difference in the quality of life of one million people, by removing the financial complexity of entrepreneurship. Businesses need to understand their financial performance, but for many smaller ones, this means a trade-off between doing their books and running their businesses.
Bench solves this dilemma by taking bookkeeping off of their hands. Learn more about us on our About page.
We’re growing fast, and we’re looking for exceptional people to join us on this incredible journey. Check out our culture guide to learn more about what it’s like to work at Bench!What does the People Team look like?
We’re a warm and caring bunch, obsessed with creating an incredible place to work for our Benchmates. Check out our culture guide! We’re also one of the most critical functions in our business. The People Team carefully manages the employee experience from beginning to end. This is where you come in. Bench’s Community Team has a huge task at hand: we’re creating an environment where Benchmates feel a sense of belonging, and where they can do their life’s best work, no matter where they choose to contribute from. Our Vancouver office is set to reopen soon, and the Community Team is currently designing a fresh and invigorating hybrid office space to welcome people back. And, we now have Benchmates around the world, so we’ll be dreaming up new ways of bringing people together to connect, collaborate, celebrate and grow!
It’s a really exciting time to join this team – the way people like to work has evolved in front of our eyes and we get to build a workplace that empowers this shift towards personalized and flexible working arrangements.
What you’ll be getting up to:
- Right off the bat, you’ll be a key player in redesigning the way we use our Vancouver office space. Benchmate experience is everything to the Community Team, so we’ll be looking to you to help create a delightful in-office workplace where everyone can thrive and perform at their best.
- Once we’re fully back up and running, you’ll become the go-to-person for office support. On a typical day you’ll be called on to keep our office supplies stocked, keep the caffeine flowing, help coordinate meeting room and desk bookings and to host vendors and guests into the space. You’ll also be the first face our Benchmates and visitors see. You provide the warmest and most welcoming of vibes.
- Continuous improvement. We are going to learn a lot about how our Benchmates want to work in a post-pandemic world. You’ll have your finger on the pulse and adapt our space to suit the needs of our people in real time. If you like to analyze People systems and enjoy improving them to empower your peers, we want you here!
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to have:
- A shining light. You are someone who is always willing to help others in need. You’re an ambassador for Bench and our office.
- Organizational wizardry. You take immense pride in keeping our office in impeccable shape and you foster a sense of ownership that is contagious.
- ‘Get Scrappy’ energy. You are highly motivated, proactive, comfortable with change and ambiguity. You have a humble, team-player attitude and are ready to pitch in wherever you are needed most.
- A+ Communication Skills. You’re a spokesperson for our office and our hybrid work environment. You seek to really truly listen to understand. You communicate complex ideas into small digestible pieces, knowing that communication is all about your audience.
It could be an even better fit if you have:
- Event experience. We’ve missed having office events! If you have experience in planning, setting up or promoting events (both physical and virtual) you’ll have a head start.
The extra details:
- This is a full-time permanent position because we want to spend lots of time with your wonderful self!
- This position offers an annual salary, stock options, and an extended benefits package that includes health, dental, and vision.
- All Benchmates have access to Inkblot Therapy, our virtual counselling service to support mental wellbeing, and Bravely, our confidential, on-demand, 1:1 professional coaching service.
- This is primarily an office-based role, based in Vancouver, with occasional remote work when appropriate for the team.
We believe that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society—including but not limited to BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that without you, we are all less. At Bench, we don’t stand for tokenism. We stand for representation.