Systems Engineer is responsible for building, maintaining and ensuring that we have the physical capacity to deal with day to day operations. Also responsible for monitoring and keeping the business operational.
This role is expected to work in CDMX
- Configure and maintain the computer system, including hardware, system software, and applications.
- Install and maintain the performance of database servers.
- Own and implement robust monitoring solutions and dashboards to identify issues proactively in hardware, software and networking.
- Ensuring data is stored securely and backed up regularly.
- Monitor datacenter health using preexisting management tools and respond to hardware issues as they arise; help build, test, and maintain new servers as needed
Who you are:
- 3+ years of experience
- 2+ years of experience managing physical and virtual servers (Vmware)
- Solid experience with Linux (Redhat, Centos)
- Solid experience with Databases (MSSQL)
- Solid experience with automation tools (Ansible, Terraform, Chef)
- Experience writing scripts in different languages (e.g Python, Bash, Go)
- Solid experience troubleshooting critical production systems
- To be living in Mexico City or willing to relocate.
- Availability to work on weekends if necessary.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- English language proficiency.
Bitso is Latin America’s leading cryptocurrency platform. Our goal is to evolve how we think about and use money. We believe that we should all have the opportunity to use our money whenever we want it, and how we want it, without boundaries or schedules. To achieve this, we provide individuals with fast, cheap, seamless and user-friendly financial services powered by blockchain technology.
Cryptocurrencies do not rely on intermediaries to give them legitimacy or value. Instead, they are valuable because of the peer-to-peer technology that powers them. We firmly believe in crypto and the use cases it has. It’s time for the world to upgrade to a fair, open, transparent, and global financial system for all. #makecryptouseful.
Visit us at https://bitso.com/
Bitso promotes an environment where people are treated fairly and with respect, free of discrimination, bullying, harassment, violence or threats.
- Purpose: You’ll be part of something bigger, working towards financial disruption and inclusion across Latin America.
- Culture: You’ll work in a thriving, friendly, and fun environment that promotes open discussions, jokes, learning, video games, and lots of fun.
- People: You’ll work with some of the most driven and intelligent people in the crypto space, engaging with a network of diverse talent from 25+ nationalities bound by our quest to #makecryptouseful.
- Salary: We pay competitively in the countries where we operate.
- Venue: Work from wherever you want, work asynchronously; this role is fully remote to give you maximum freedom.
- Unlimited Paid Time-Off: You choose your number of days off. Recharge batteries and enjoy who you are outside the office
- This role is expected to work remotely.
- These are the applicable requisites, although equivalent competencies in any of the above will also be considered.