Timescale is looking for experienced developers who are passionate about contributing to open-source software (OSS).
At Timescale, we believe we benefit greatly from open-source projects and the ecosystems. As members of the PostgreSQL ecosystem – TimescaleDB is implemented through the PostgreSQL extension framework – we believe it’s only right that we give back to the PostgreSQL community. That’s where you come in!
Your primary focus will be contributing to the open-source PostgreSQL project. You will work on projects that are important to Timescale’s integration with PostgreSQL, as well as projects that have nothing to do with Timescale at all but are valuable to the PostgreSQL community. When applying for this position, please submit a link to a public PR you submitted to an open-source project (and ever better, for PostgreSQL).
We believe in open-source. TimescaleDB is fully available on GitHub, free to use and its core is Apache-2 licensed. We also believe in giving back to the ecosystems we are part of.
Timescale is a 100% remote organization, with engineers throughout the world; this is a full-time position.
- Be a good contributing member to the PostgreSQL community.
- Work with the PostgreSQL community to determine high-impact projects to work on.
- Develop production-ready features for PostgreSQL.
- Fix bugs and review patches for PostgreSQL, take part in CommitFests.
- Help expand PostgreSQL as a development platform for extensions and storage engines.
- Help facilitate and align TimescaleDB’s development work with PostgreSQL.
- Coach and consult other teams on how best to contribute to PostgreSQL.
Skills & Requirements:
- Passion for open-source development and culture
- Strong C skills and knowledge of modern software development practices
- Past contributions to PostgreSQL is a major plus
- 5+ years as a developer writing software systems
- Ability to work in a fast paced start-up environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Timescale is the creator of TimescaleDB, the industry-leading relational database for time-series. Tens of thousands of organizations trust TimescaleDB today with their mission-critical time-series applications. The company is dedicated to serving software developers and businesses worldwide, enabling them to build exceptional data-driven products that measure everything that matters: software applications, industrial equipment, financial markets, blockchain activity, consumer behavior, machine learning models, climate change, and more. Analyzing data across the time dimension (“time-series data”) enables developers to understand what is happening right now, how that is changing, and why that is changing. Timescale is a remote-first company with a global workforce 🌎 and is backed by Tiger Global, Benchmark Capital, New Enterprise Associates, Redpoint Ventures, Icon Ventures, Two Sigma Ventures, and other leading investors. For more information, visit www.timescale.com or follow @TimescaleDB.
Working at Timescale🐯
Timescale is breaking boundaries and setting new standards in the innovating and rapidly growing time-series data industry. Built on the foundation of people-focused values and principles, Timescale makes sure integrity, mutual respect, and compassion is at the heart of everything we do. Empowered by our Co-Founders, Ajay Kulkarni (CEO) and Mike Freedman (CTO), we are challenging the norm by working with people who continuously inspire and teach us 🤝.
Enjoy debating the crunch-factor of different chicken nuggets 🍗, sweating it out during lunch 💦, talking about your kids, whether they be actual children 👶🏽, potted plants 🪴, or four-legged creatures 🐾? You’ll fit right in at Timescale!
What we’re offering
Benefits may differ from country to country.
- Premium insurance options for you and your family
- FSA/Dependent FSA plans for US based employees
- Flexible PTO and family leave
- Summer Fridays off in August ☀️
- Full remote work from anywhere
- Stock options
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Individual education benefits