We are looking for a hands-on operations lead to scale ClassDojo as we grow.
You’ll help scale our operations as our small team of 65 grows to 100+. As a strong generalist, you’ll be able to dig in across all of our internal operations, diagnose what’s needed, set strategy and get scrappy to execute on it.
ClassDojo serves 51 million children today, with a tiny team of 65. We are even tinier relative to the opportunity ahead to build the future of education. We have a staggering amount of work ahead to give every child on Earth an education they love. This means you have an unprecedented opportunity to make an impact, while also doing some of the most rewarding work of your life.
- Own and systematize internal company operations. This includes the legal, HR, IT and finance functions, and where possible, operational execution cadences.
- Collaborate with the leadership team to solve the highest leverage operational problems across the company.
- Explore opportunities for systems and infrastructure to accelerate company results, across all functions (e.g. marketing, customer support, product, data, etc).
- Establish and improve systems and processes that scale as we grow from 65 to 100+ people.
- Provide financial visibility to leadership team to inform decision-making, including owning the budgeting process across the company.
You might be a good fit if:
- You are deeply thoughtful about creating and scaling company cultures, and how to operationalize it.
- You bring a playbook for how to think about a broad range of operational and scaling problems, rather than just a playbook for specific strategies or tactics.
- You bring a strong holistic problem-solving ability and good strategic judgment. You have the ability to disaggregate complex problems and synthesize large amounts of quant and qual research into simple, actionable strategies.
- You have strong analytical and quantitative ability, with a proclivity for measuring and improving.
- You act as a high-functioning thought partner for leaders on strategy across a broad range of operational problems.
- You are an effective cross-functional collaborator with high-performing peers across a variety of functions.
- You have high standards for effectiveness and efficiency, both for yourself and others.
- You understand what an OODA loop is, and have demonstrated continuous improvement for yourself, your team and your organizations.
- You move faster than is comfortable; you raise the bar for speed of results.
- You are a builder and doer, and roll up your sleeves to get it done.
You should have:
- 7-10 years of operations or related experience at a quickly-scaling or 100 person+ company.
- Experience defining and scaling a high quality culture
A Y Combinator/Imagine K12 company, ClassDojo’s long-term goal is to give every child on Earth an education they love. The ClassDojo app is the #1 communication app for micro-communities of K-8 teachers, children and families globally; they use it to stay connected, sharing what’s happening through the school day through photos, videos, messages, and activities. The company is now helping kids get learning experiences they love, beyond school. Today, ClassDojo is used by 95% of pre K-8 schools in the US, as well as in a further 180 countries.
You can read more about our vision to change education from the ground up here: https://medium.com/@samchaudhary/https-medium-com-samchaudhary-how-to-change-education-from-the-ground-up-f82b8f3e4b95.
We believe focused, talented, non-hierarchical teams can achieve a surprising amount: https://blog.ycombinator.com/its-surprising-how-much-small-teams-can-get-done-sam-chaudhary-of-classdojo/. Our team is made up of talented, motivated, intense and interesting people from around the world, with deep backgrounds in education, as well as from leading consumer internet organizations like Instagram, Netflix, Dropbox, Uber, Y Combinator and more. We’re building a company that is pioneering the future of education, and one that is the kind of place we’ve all always wanted to work. We believe you’ll do the best work of your life here.
We strongly feel the best way to do this is to work with people from diverse backgrounds that truly reflect the world. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are happy to accommodate any disabilities or special needs. We hire both locally in San Francisco, and distributed teammates around the world.
If you’re interested in pioneering the future of education at massive scale, we’d love to hear from you.