About BentoBox & Our Mission
The BentoBox Marketing and Commerce Platform delivers a seamless guest experience dedicated to accelerating growth and helping restaurants thrive. Restaurant concepts worldwide rely on BentoBox as their digital front door for elevated design, built-in marketing tools, actionable data, and a best-in-class customer experience that’s built for growth. BentoBox is trusted and loved by industry leaders such as José Andrés’s ThinkFoodGroup, Danny Meyer’s Union Square Hospitality Group, Emmy Squared, Suerte, and The Meatball Shop.
Our mission is to empower the world’s restaurants to succeed in their mission of hospitality
About This Role: We’re hiring a Sales Manager to lead a team of sales specialists on the partner team who carry a monthly revenue quota, selling the BentoBox platform to restaurants. The Partner team works with our business development team and our largest partner US Foods. Reporting to the Head of Sales, the Partner Sales Manager is responsible for achieving monthly revenue targets and leading the team to over-perform against assigned individual quotas.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage a team of 6 to 10 full-cycle sales specialists to exceed activity, lead generation, pipeline development and sales goals.
- Work collaboratively with the BentoBox Business Development team to support and execute the partner strategy, designed to support the needs of the partner customer base and maximize both new customer acquisition and growth.
- Coach your team on all aspects of the sales process including but not limited to: maximizing conversion of leads from the US Foods team, outreach to restaurant customers and partner reps through email and social channels, live web demo presentations, discovery and objection handling, pipeline management and closing.
- Ensure all sales activities and other relevant information is logged and reportable in Salesforce and other BentoBox systems as needed to accurately report on the business.
- Work closely with your direct reports, providing consistent coaching and supporting their development
- Report weekly on the team’s sales activities including new lead generation, pipeline development and sales results.
- Accurately forecast your team’s sales for the month, on a weekly basis. Support forecast through prospecting activities, pipeline and sales results logged in Salesforce.
- Foster a positive team environment by celebrating wins, sharing best practices and creating collaboration opportunities within the team
- Assist with the sales recruiting, interviewing and hiring process
- Work closely with the sales management and executive team on larger strategies and best practices, to help shape the future of the sales organization
- Embody and encourage a trusted advisor approach to B2B sales
- Be both a sales expert in the restaurant industry and stay current on trends and changes, in particular its related to technology and digital marketing
- Uphold BentoBox’s core mission, vision, and values
Experience We’re Looking For:
- 1-3 years of successful B2B sales and leadership experience
- Experience leading teams with lead conversion and full cycle sales experience.
- Experience leading partner/channel teams is preferred but not required
- Experience in restaurant tech sales and leadership preferred but not required
What You’ve Got
- Competitiveness. You’re hungry for knowledge and always striving to improve. You set high personal standards and are motivated by excellence (and money!)
- Confidence. You trust your judgement, assert your opinion (without a big ego), and ask for support when it will help you achieve your goals.
- Fearlessness. You relentlessly pursue success, you’re resilient and tenacious, and you don’t sweat the small stuff.
- Organizational Skills. You use technology for time management, you’re disciplined, and you’re realistic with the goals you set for yourself.
- Astuteness. You’re sharp, you’re clever, you pick things up quickly, and you use these attributes to be a creative problem-solver.
- Optimism. You view every setback as an opportunity. Your positive attitude helps you win. People want to be around you because you do things with a smile.
- Perseverance. You take initiative, assume ownership, exhibit independence, and get shit done!
- Charisma. You’re personable and you make a lasting first impression. You can adapt to many communication styles and can build a relationship with anyone.
- Leadership. You are an empathetic servant-leader. You hold yourself and your team accountable for delivering results while maintaining the highest standards of ethics and behavior. You communicate clearly and consistently. You listen to what your team needs to be successful and act on that information to support your team and BentoBox. You’re a great team and culture-builder.
Perks of Joining Us:
We’re building a hybrid workforce, all or most of our roles can be worked remotely, regardless of location, unless specified.
- Competitive salary + equity (once we offer again)
- 100% Employer Covered Health Benefits, Dental & Vision offerings
- 401(k) with company match
- Unlimited paid time off
- Paid family leave
- Professional development, growth and support
- Perks when dining with BentoBox customers
- Work from Home Stipend
- Opportunity to work with a passionate team making a positive impact on the hospitality community
BentoBox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.