WHO WE ARE:
ActBlue is a nonprofit that builds tech and infrastructure for Democratic campaigns, progressive-aligned causes, and people trying to make an impact in order to fuel long-term, people-powered change. If you’ve ever given online to a Democrat or progressive organization, chances are you’ve used our powerful online fundraising platform.
We put power in the hands of small-dollar donors and help thousands of groups — from presidential candidates to environmental organizations — build grassroots movements. We envision a democracy where everyone looking to make progressive people-powered change can easily and effectively deploy their resources, energy, and creativity to shape our country and futures. Each and every one of us, from the political activists to the tech innovators to the customer service pros, is fully committed to our mission.
The Communications and Marketing department at ActBlue is growing the marketing side of its operations by adding a Marketing CRM Manager. This role will report to the Outreach Data and Reporting Director but be embedded within the Marketing team, working closely to provide technical and data support as the department grows its marketing program to entity administrators and donors.
The Marketing CRM Manager will work in tandem with the Brand, Demand, Relationship, and Research Marketing Directors, Marketing Analyst, and the Outreach Data & Reporting Director to ensure the Marketing team has the information needed to achieve their goals, as well as distill information gathered from marketing campaigns in a way that will help inform the effectiveness and direction of future campaigns. As the Marketing team develops email programs based on ActBlue tool education and user engagement and feedback, this role will be critical in targeting entity administrators and donors that meet specified criteria.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Oversee a team responsible for MarketingHub data management and feature usage, relying on industry best practices related to data hygiene and accuracy, for the Marketing team to establish strategic, data-driven decisions.
- Research and recommend changes to optimize the MarketingHub CRM and processes to maximize effectiveness and efficiency of marketing programs, such as Email, SMS, Social, Digital Display, Paid Search, Paid Social.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to support the definition of MarketingHub CRM KPIs and support the development of a targeted user segmentation strategy for marketing campaigns based on user profiles, personas, and RFM metrics.
- Coordinate with the Marketing and Outreach teams to document and track the process of guiding current and potential customers through stages in the customer lifecycle journey.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Directors and Analyst to execute the production of internal reporting on CRM-based marketing efforts.
- Coordinate with internal data teams and stakeholders to create reporting structures and elevate programmatic insights.
- Advise on programmatic strategy based on campaign performance and trends.
- Directly hire, manage, and develop a staff of one-two people.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- At least 4 years of marketing data, reporting, and CRM experience.
- At least 3 years of staff management experience, preferred.
- Working knowledge of the front-end and back-end of a CRM or voter file.
- Ability to work collaboratively and build relationships with teams across an organization.
- Familiarity with creating work plans and executing large-scale project management.
- Familiarity with ETL processes and data pipelines and integrations, preferred.
- Firsthand experience creating marketing data standards and processes.
- Strong foundation in database design, implementation, and documentation.
- Highly experienced with data hygiene and maintenance.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Experience working on an interdisciplinary team where skill-sharing and professional development are encouraged.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion in working with teammates and partners.
LOCATION AND COMPENSATION:
This posting is for a full-time, salaried position. This can be a fully remote position, or can work out of the ActBlue’s office located in Davis Square in Somerville, MA, just a few blocks from the MBTA Red Line. ActBlue is authorized to support remote work in these states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, Washington D.C., and Wisconsin.
Salary Range:$73,000 – $93,000 depending on experience
This supervisory role is not part of the Bargaining Unit position: Certain employees who report to this position may be covered by a collective bargaining agreement.
- Flexible work schedules and an unlimited time-off policy.
- Fully paid and trans-inclusive health, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families.
- Automatic 2% 401K contribution, plus up to 6% match.
- Three months paid parental leave for all new parents, adoptions included; 4 weeks of a fully paid flexible work schedule; plus an additional one week of paid leave and an additional one week of flexible work schedule for every full year the employee has worked for ActBlue.
- Commuter or home-office benefits, including a $1,000 home-office setup allowance for all new full-time remote employees.
- Additional perks including monthly snack deliveries and digital subscriptions to the Boston Globe & New York Times.
ActBlue is unable to sponsor work visas at this time.
Women, people of color, LGBTQIA2S+ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply. ActBlue is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status.
ActBlue is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the interview and employment process, including using our online system to apply for a position.