Weedmaps is a leading technology platform in the cannabis industry. Our mission is to power a transparent and inclusive global cannabis economy.
We are looking for a Paralegal to join our amazing Legal team! Our Legal Department takes an active role in guiding the direction and structure of our strategic initiatives, products, and commercial arrangements. We’re a team of generalists who all bring deep knowledge in our areas of expertise but handle the breadth of legal issues that Weedmaps encounters.
You will report to our Associate General Counsel and provide support to our Legal Department on a wide range of legal and corporate governance matters, including compliance with SEC reporting requirements. We are seeking a highly motivated self-starter with good business judgment and a solid understanding of corporate law, who enjoys working in a dynamic, fast-paced and collaborative environment.
- Collaborate with attorneys to prepare and manage our SEC filings, including Forms 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, Section 16 filings, proxy statements and other filings (and gather and organize related back-up materials).
- Lead our stock and other equity plan administration workstreams.
- Assist with corporate governance and administration for Weedmaps and its domestic and foreign subsidiaries, including preparing Board of Director materials and corporate resolutions, facilitating the annual stockholder meeting process and overseeing local filings and administration of corporate records.
- Draft and review various transactional documents and corporate governance documents.
- Research relevant statutes, rulings and regulations and prepare related summaries and memos to be used as a basis for answering requests for internal legal tickets and company policies.
- Assist with projects related to corporate governance, subsidiaries, compliance, corporate finance and development, IP, and other legal matters.
- Train business team members on Legal Department processes, and otherwise act as a key liaison between the Legal Department and our business clients.
- Develop and improve processes related to the above and to help make the Legal Department more effective and efficient.
- Bachelor’s degree/equivalent or Paralegal certification
- 5+ years of corporate paralegal experience working on public company reporting and governance in a major law firm and/or public company
- Working knowledge of applicable securities law reporting and compliance requirements
- Understanding of annual stockholder meeting processes and board and committee meeting best practices
- Experience managing equity incentive plans for public reporting companies
- Experience drafting transactional documents (e.g., master services agreements) based on existing templates for attorney review
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to work with and maintain highly confidential information
- Highly self-motivated, proactive and able to work independently and efficiently with minimal supervision
- Ability to adapt to and thrive in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Agility and flexibility, able to shift among competing priorities and adapt quickly to new policies and processes
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and any practice-related software
- Fully covered Medical, Dental, and Vision for employee AND dependents
- Matching 401k, 50% match up to 6% of employee contribution
- 3 weeks PTO and 5 sick days
- Catered lunch provided 5 days a week
- All the equipment that you need to get your work done
- Fridge is always stocked with energy drinks and other snacks
- Casual work environment, read “no suit and tie required”, but you are free to dress to the nines